Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

P2227: can't pass smog

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
P2227: can't pass smog

I've been throwing a code P2227 for a couple of months now, after the turbo install (AEM F/IC). I can't pass smog and I can't figure out why or how to get rid of it. Does anyone have any advice as how I can manage to pass smog?

Old 05-15-2010, 11:44 PM
P2227 references a barometer sensor - buried in the ECM, I believe. Testing and diagnosing it doesn't involve much more than checking for loose connections and then swapping in a known good ECM. An AEM support forum is probably going to be your best bet for help, assuming you've double checked your F/IC wiring.

On a sidenote, I'm continually amazed at the number of people who spend thousands and thousands of dollars make drastic alterations to their car, yet haven't made the $75 investment in a service manual.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by k-alt
I've been throwing a code P2227 for a couple of months now, after the turbo install (AEM F/IC). I can't pass smog and I can't figure out why or how to get rid of it. Does anyone have any advice as how I can manage to pass smog?
did you clamp the map sensor voltage when you set up the fic?
i have a turbo w/ the fic on my car. not a problem with any CEL since installed (about 3k miles)

Originally Posted by Daemione
On a sidenote, I'm continually amazed at the number of people who spend thousands and thousands of dollars make drastic alterations to their car, yet haven't made the $75 investment in a service manual.
because a OEM service manual isnt gonna tell you how your aftermarket mods are effecting your car.

Old 05-17-2010, 09:47 AM
5 Year Member
At first, I didn't even know the clamp voltage. What is your voltage clamped at?

Old 05-17-2010, 09:59 AM
5 Year Member
2.95v

10 char....

Old 05-30-2010, 01:48 AM
5 Year Member
Well,

Not only did I get the engine code removed which will allow me to pass smog....but I had my car tuned to ~7 psi.
Basically, blacksheep's mechanic blew my original MAP sensor which caused an internal logger code to trip within the F/IC. The 'Original' tuner as well as the mechanic didn't realize this.
Thanks entirely to Shawn Church, he got rid of my code and tuned my car within all of 15 minutes. It's running at 149 hp and 169 ft lbs. I took a snapshot of the dyno readings and have copies I'll post.....too f*****g tired now, the drive from Long Beach back to Las Vegas was a really, really long biotch of a drive.

Last edited by k-alt; 05-31-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:29 PM
Well,

Not only did I get the engine code removed which will allow me to pass smog....but I had my car tuned to ~7 psi.
Basically, blacksheep's mechanic blew my original MAP sensor which caused an internal logger code to trip within the F/IC. The 'Original' tuner as well as the mechanic didn't realize this.
Thanks entirely to Shawn Church, he got rid of my code and tuned my car within all of 15 minutes. It's running at 149 hp and 169 ft lbs. I took a snapshot of the dyno readings and have copies I'll post.....too f*****g tired now, the drive from Long Beach back to Las Vegas was a really, really long biotch of a drive.
Good numbers and you have an AT right? What are the full specs on your kit?

Old 05-31-2010, 08:03 PM
5 Year Member
-TD04-13T w/einternal wastegate modified to external wastegate @ 7 psi. (oil + H20 cooled)
-Custom Symetrical-log manifold with appropriate turbo flange and 30mm wastegate flange.
-No name 'pull-type' BOV with carbon fiber inner plenum
-goodridge steel braided oil lines
-WeaponR 18 oz. oil catch can
-mishimoto intercooler
-AWESOME intercooler piping, TIG welded by and thanks to Scott over at Blacksheep) only 2 couplers)
-DSM 16G dump pipe w/ O2 bung
-Custom flex pipe section w/ 2" Vibrant Cat Converter (heavily modified)
-Stock Exhaust from B section to muffler tip
-AEM F/IC 6, Digital UEGO gauge & Tru boost
-Stock tranny

Scott put higher grade bolts in wherever they were needed and matched the lengths as needed.....not sure what they are, but they're allot better than what I had originally

Old 04-12-2013, 07:57 PM
5 Year Member
Well,

I've got the same issue where the light will come on for a couple days then go away, Ive got the P2227 code. I'm on Kraftwerks supercharger kit with the AEM FIC too. What did you have to do to fix this? New MAP sensor? Anyway I've got to get the car smogged also so need to get this fixed!

Anyone out there have this problem and find a fix?