Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Ebay CAI take a look

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 07:16 PM
Ebay CAI take a look

So browsing around on ebay for a deal on a new/used CAI for the fit I stumbled upon this:

Cold Air Intake Kit Honda 06 07 08 JAZZ FIT 1.5L Manual | eBay

If you have spent any time looking at intakes you'd notice it looks like a rip off of the AEM intake. I figured what the hell for 70 bucks worth a shot, I really only wanted it for the pipe as I have legit 5 ply couplers T-bolts and Green Filter

Well it arrived today, soon as I saw the box I knew that something was not going to be right in that it was very rectangular rather then more "squarish" which the AEM box would have been due to that 90* bend

While it looks like an AEM style in the Ebay auction, I in-fact recieved a "Fujita" style. Solid 1 piece, intake comes behind drivers side foglight into the corner of the front lip (think i explained that right)

Fitment is slightly iffy in that it takes a little work to get it lined up to the TB due to the bend going up against the battery (looking at pics of a legit fujita it seems as though theres a cunt hair more clearance) and the placement of the IAT is a little to far over to the TB so the coupler will go over the rubber gromet for the IAT a bit, all I did was just take an exacto knife and trim a little bit of the coupler so that it was not interfering with that gromet.

While I am not using it, the cone that comes with the kit is a rip off of the fujita cone, While im sure it would be fine if anyone so choose to use it. As soon as you can afford a legit filter I'd suggest doing so. (see: end of ebay filter being sucked into engine)

The couplers that come with it will do the job, but they looks like simple no-ply silicone couplers in that their just plane silicone, they dont have "layers" so its possible they could rip down the line.

For 70 bucks, its worth it for the pipe if you don't want to spend 200+ on a legit setup. I personally would have made myself a custom CAI except I do not have a welder, and my friend no longer owns his speed shop.

It looks good, just like the legit Fujita minus the cool plaque on the piping, im sure you could find one to stick on their if you really wanted

Only Thing I don't care for on this "Style" is the 1 piece design, I woulda much rather prefered the option of being able to turn it into a "short ram" if need in the winter so the posiblity of sucking up water/slush etc is not there.

Last edited by Shady195; 09-02-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Iv been wondering about these for a while, Thanks for the info!

Old 11-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator
Well shit if it was only 70 bucks cut the pipe in half and bam you got the option of SAI or CAI

Old 02-07-2012, 10:42 AM
Current eBay item #300542992672
air intake + filter
2006-2008 Honda Fit/Jazz

Buy it now $33.00 free shipping

Looks like it's a short ram style, anyone have experience with this part?

Old 02-23-2012, 11:40 PM
I would go with eBay intake. Its just the piping after all. You can always get K&n from advance auto parts or auto zone