Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

I want a FI Fit...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 07:52 PM
I want a FI Fit...

I love my 2008 Fit Sport as my DD and I want to keep it that way, but I want to give it a little more "oomph." Bone stock my fit dynoed at 94/91, I want more. I want to know the best bang for buck, bolt-on kit that I can purchase that will give the power I want, while not giving up the reliablity of my Fit. It has 84k miles on it by the way!

Thanks!

P.S. - How can I find tuners/shops for Fits in my area? (North Carolina)

Old 01-04-2012, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
The KWSC base kit gives you a nice performance increase and still get decent fuel mileage,,, get the high boost kit, header cat delete and large diameter B and cat back pipes and you will have a much faster car that will get around 30 MPG and go through tires at just over 20,000 miles even when rotating them at 2000 or3000 miles... You also need to use 10W40 oil or suffer oil blow by that will end up covering the rear window and hatch... I like the high boost kit myself even if it does drown out Harleys with open exhaust... I change the oil more frequently but other than that and the tire rotation thing the only other thing I have done is adjust the belt right after upgrading from base to high boost.... An electronic throttle controller set on one of the slower responding ECO settings saves tires, fuel, and makes less noise.

Old 01-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Well, since you didn't state how much power you want that might be a tall order don't you think?

Did you not bother to search this at all?

If you are getting a bolt-on kit from KW/T1R/Greddy etc and you want a shop to install AND tune where possible (some of the ECMs/flashes that come with kits are not tunable) you best have about ~$5,500 lying around.

The most painless route for you as Tex recommended, would probably be the KW kits. It is the most polished, but the most expensive.

There are no oil/coolant lines attached the longblock, so it'll save you some of the learning curve. It will scoot up top, but don't expect the hit you would get from a small frame turbo.

Even the mildest/highest quality kit is going to require a radical shift in understanding and operating procedure day to day.

Based on the language of your post this sounds like something that is very new to you and the implications of going aftermarket FI are lost in translation.

Just bear in mind you need to get to know your car and how it works, as well as what terms like heatsoak and octange ACTUALLY mean.

Change your oil religiously, let things heat up and cool down, etc.

Old 01-05-2012, 09:03 AM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Well, since you didn't state how much power you want that might be a tall order don't you think?

Did you not bother to search this at all?

If you are getting a bolt-on kit from KW/T1R/Greddy etc and you want a shop to install AND tune where possible (some of the ECMs/flashes that come with kits are not tunable) you best have about ~$5,500 lying around.

The most painless route for you as Tex recommended, would probably be the KW kits. It is the most polished, but the most expensive.

There are no oil/coolant lines attached the longblock, so it'll save you some of the learning curve. It will scoot up top, but don't expect the hit you would get from a small frame turbo.

Even the mildest/highest quality kit is going to require a radical shift in understanding and operating procedure day to day.

Based on the language of your post this sounds like something that is very new to you and the implications of going aftermarket FI are lost in translation.

Just bear in mind you need to get to know your car and how it works, as well as what terms like heatsoak and octange ACTUALLY mean.

Change your oil religiously, let things heat up and cool down, etc.
I admit, I didn't search. I admit, I'm new....to the Fit. I own a fully built WRX, so I know how to own and maintain a vehicle with an aftermarket touch, but I don't know my way around the fit.

Maybe I should stick to the basics, such as audio, exterior, interior, and appearance when it's comes to making my Fit just a tad more fun and unique as a DD.

Thanks!

Anymore input on this subject is greatly appreciated though!

Old 01-05-2012, 09:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MakeItFit
I admit, I didn't search. I admit, I'm new....to the Fit. I own a fully built WRX, so I know how to own and maintain a vehicle with an aftermarket touch, but I don't know my way around the fit.

Maybe I should stick to the basics, such as audio, exterior, interior, and appearance when it's comes to making my Fit just a tad more fun and unique as a DD.

Thanks!

The Fit is our hot rod and our Subaru Forester is our traveling car... Its a lot of fun seeing the look on peoples faces when an old man drives away from them in a Fit while they have their sporty car floored or monster turbo diesel truck blowing black smoke from their Bully Dog exhausts pipe.. +

Last edited by Texas Coyote; 01-05-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:19 PM
5 Year Member
Starting out with a grocery sack full of $100 bills is the best way to go, otherwise you will be adding stuff for years..

Old 01-06-2012, 05:26 PM

Thanks!

Did you actually build or tune the WRX yourself?

Old 01-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Did you actually build or tune the WRX yourself?
Do you mean with my actual hands? No. I was very involved with both and have been involved and studied other builds enough to know what I am doing and do it with confidence. I am by no means a WRX master or anything close to it, but they are what I have studied and dealt with the most.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:58 AM
5 Year Member
Do you mean with my actual hands? No. I was very involved with both and have been involved and studied other builds enough to know what I am doing and do it with confidence. I am by no means a WRX master or anything close to it, but they are what I have studied and dealt with the most.
You sound like you could easily install anything in the way of a kit.... I think that since you've been around cars with much more power and speed than comes in a kit you probably wouldn't be satisfied with one... If you can follow what DSM is graciously sharing with those that can grasp it, you would come out better money wise and have a crazy fast car...