Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

My Turbo Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 12:55 AM
Post My Turbo Build Thread

Hey Everyone, i'm starting my turbo-project on my Honda fit. It's my dd and i'm looking for some extra power. So, let's begin.
I'm only 17 years old as of about 10 days ago. I am hoping to study Mechanical/Automotive Engineering at Georgia Tech next year. I am coincidentally obsessed with modding cars and I really wanted to be boosted, so I decided to go all out on this idea. I decided to build the kit myself instead of buying one, that way I can actually learn about what each piece's function is, why it is important, etc. Also, I'll be getting more hands on experience this way. I've done headers, exhausts, intakes, radios, tail lights, rims modding before (I know very well that the skill level required to do those things is low) so i'm hoping to learn some skills here haha. I love feedback, and constructive criticism, but don't be rude, PLEASE! If you don't like it....just ignore this thread. Feel free comment if you have an idea of how to do something differently in maybe a more cost-effective manner, though :P .

Required Parts:
> T25 turbo, oil/vacuum lines, Bov, Wastegate, Gauges, injectors
> Turbo Manifold
> Air filter
> Front- Mount Intercooler
> Bunged oil pan
> Test pipe/cat delete
> Intercooler Piping
> 1 step Colder Spark Plugs
> Downpipe
> 2nd O2 Sensor Bung
> UEGO
> Boost/Vacuum gauge
> AEM FIC + Boomslang Harness

Goals:
> Reliable OEM power-boost
> appx 5-8psi
> appx/ at least 160 hp

Collected Parts/Progress

>10/24/12 I bought a turbo kit that was used for a honda civic ex coupe. Turbo wasn't used very much. I got the whole kit for $430!!!! Woohoo!

Custom Downpipe (civic) and Intercooler pipes (civic) + oil line fittings

Garrett T25 Turbo

Wastegate:

Greddy Turbo Manifold (civic)

INP-009 450cc injectors ( Too big? )

Cheap Temperature guage

HKS BOV ( )

Venom Fuel rail ( Probably can sell..)

ECU (Confused...don't think this of any benefit to me in any way..sell it?)

My plans/questions:

> Cut exhaust gasket/flange off turbo manifold and re-weld with Honda L15a gasket/flange
> Clock turbo
> Cut downpipe into segments, use flange. Attempt to recycle as many parts as possible.
> Figure out if I can use the ECU..I doubt it/don't want to, so I'll probably end up selling that and the Venom fuel rail if I can't use it.
> (QUESTION) Can I fit the 450cc injectors without modification? Aside, can I run them without upgrading walbro fuel pump?

More to come soon!

Last edited by FITdrummer13; 10-25-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
I like your enthusiasm.

Although, I'd recommend using different injectors, trying to use those 450cc which I'm assume came from a DSM would involve splicing in a resistor box into your wiring or you will fry your ECU. Running those injectors can be done, hell, I did it, but in my experience it ran like crap. If you want bigger injectors which are mostly PnP, the RDX injectors are 410cc, rsx type-s are 310cc, g35 are 290cc, look into scion TC injector clips to make them PnP.

and No I don't think they you will have to upgrade to a walbro fuel Pump since I don't think you'll be pushing enough air to need one yet.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:41 AM
Thanks!

Okay, cool. Before getting this kit, I was anticipating not being able to use them. Sounds like a little too much work to get them working, right? I was thinking more of the 300-400cc range since my Turbo isn't big enough to require exquisite fuel demands haha. So i'll probably go ahead and try to sell them in exchange for some rsx or rdx injectors. Any reccomendations on where to buy? Junkyard haha? :P
Okay cool. That's one less expense I don't have to worry about!

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate your comments!

Old 12-12-2012, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
Thats a really good price, im thinking of going turbo too caz my company can sponser me with parts. So right now im tryin to figure out what type of turbo i should use and how to get manifold.