Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Password Powerchamber Intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 03:25 PM
5 Year Member
Password Powerchamber Intake

Does anyone no if it's possible to install the Password Powerchamber Intake for the GD 7/8 onto a GE8 2010?

Old 12-15-2012, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator
iirc, the maf are different sizes..

Old 12-15-2012, 05:04 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xxryu139x
iirc, the maf are different sizes..
Is there one you recommend?

Old 12-17-2012, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
not gonna fit

Old 12-17-2012, 08:18 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Moyock101
Does anyone no if it's possible to install the Password Powerchamber Intake for the GD 7/8 onto a GE8 2010?
The GD3 Fits had the air intake for the stock, and after-market intakes, located on the fender well just behind the radiator. That provided a flow of (not cold, but cooler) air for the intake system.

The GE8 Fits do not have the hole in the inside fender well that the GD3's had. The stock, and after-market intakes pick up incoming air from the firewall, just below the brake fluid reservoir. There is a scoop on the GE8's located on the front, underside, of the hood that flows cool outside air to the back of the engine bay, that is picked up by the intake systems. The intake systems of the GD3 and GE8 Fits are mutually exclusive. What works on one won't work on the other.

My opinion is that the best aftermarket intake system for the GE8 Fit is the PRM Jet Stream Intake from Canada. It has an internal, cotton-gauze (cleanable, re-usable) filter, and is unaffected by rain water being blown into the engine bay. Most other after-market intakes for the GE8 Fits have exposed filters that can be soaked by rain water. Whether or not the filters that are exposed to incoming rainwater negatively affect the engine, I cannot say. It seems logical that this should be avoided. With the PRM system, it is a non-issue.

Keep in mind that the stock GE8 intake system is actually a cold air intake system. The only flaw is that it restricts air flow because of the sound-dampening baffles in the stock system. High speed air makes more noise than low speed air. There are many, many, discussions on the forums of the noise levels of the PRM intake systems. These are definitely louder than the stock intakes, but I have never felt that mine is objectionable.

Further background-- I own the very first PRM intake system sold for the GE8 Fit. I bought one from the PRM owner, Jerry Sica, that was made for the manual trans. GE8, with the understanding that I would help him to make the system compatible with the A/T GE8's. I simply suggested that he change the design to a straight pipe pick-up of incoming air at the firewall just below the brake fluid reservoir. All current PRM intake systems for the GE8 Fit are designed exactly this way.

P.s. There were several intake systems designs that were sold for the GE8 Fits that looked a lot like the intake that you wrote about- all plastic and/or imitation Carbon Fiber chamber intakes. All, or at least most of those, cause CEL's because the I.D. of the intake systems in the area where the MAF sensor mounts is larger than the stock system i.d. dimension.

Last edited by Triskelion; 12-17-2012 at 09:16 PM.