Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Piecing together AT Turbo SetUp?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013, 06:40 PM
Piecing together AT Turbo SetUp?

Hey guys,

The new year is upon us, and I'm looking to put together a turbo setup for my auto gd3. Was wonderig if anyone has put together their own before, if someone could maybe suggest what they think would be best options for turbo, FMIC, etc...maybe someone has a list? I'm not worried about piping and such as I have some friends who could help me with fabrication.

Main reason for putting one together bs buying a kit is money, and the fact that I made my own kit from the pieces I wanted and so on...

Thanks for any help

Old 01-02-2013, 06:51 PM
5 Year Member
Talk with DSM he charges a lil but he can guide u in the right direction also i knw ur gunna need a tranny cooler and a fan and cant boost it too much because TC wont keep up with power and die

Old 01-26-2013, 07:09 PM
I thought about turbocharging my AT fir but decided against it after being told the AT tranny cant manage the pressure

Old 04-21-2013, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
fi

Originally Posted by bana1988
I thought about turbocharging my AT fir but decided against it after being told the AT tranny cant manage the pressure
I here you on this subject, I have the 07 fit sport but am worried I would mess up the transmission or it would just ware the hell out of it with turbo, current thinking about going supercharged instead no kits out there that are not discontinued ill probably get the kraft werk 1.5l head unit and try to build my own kit or see it a shop that might help..

Old 05-01-2013, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
I've been running a turbo kit on my 08 A/T Fit for the past three years! I've racked up 88,000 miles and run @ 13psi. My transmission does not utilize an external transmission cooler and has held up, without any changes to it's performance capabilities this entire time. Shawn Church and Daniel Butler don't see any issues with this setup or turbocharging an A/T Fit.....these guys are pro's and made top 10 US tuners this year. Reconsider your options and seek advice from professionals.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:37 PM
5 Year Member
DSM has built several turbo setup's for Auto Fit's... Some making BIG whp numbers.

The stock auto trans is stout enough to take more boost than any daily Fit needs

An external trans cooler as mentioned above would be cheap insurance, but sounds unnecessary.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:42 PM
5 Year Member
at trans turbo

Originally Posted by k-alt
I've been running a turbo kit on my 08 A/T Fit for the past three years! I've racked up 88,000 miles and run @ 13psi. My transmission does not utilize an external transmission cooler and has held up, without any changes to it's performance capabilities this entire time. Shawn Church and Daniel Butler don't see any issues with this setup or turbocharging an A/T Fit.....these guys are pro's and made top 10 US tuners this year. Reconsider your options and seek advice from professionals.
Wow that's awesome, now from hearing from your guys I for sure want to go turbo instead of a DIY rotrex build. tpcolgett you say dsm dose custom build is this more for being at there shops or personally sells kits?
You think I should ask them if they think they could do anything for me?

You know there official website?

Old 05-01-2013, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by lakia5524
Wow that's awesome, now from hearing from your guys I for sure want to go turbo instead of a DIY rotrex build. tpcolgett you say dsm dose custom build is this more for being at there shops or personally sells kits?
You think I should ask them if they think they could do anything for me?

You know there official website?
DSM is a user on the Forums here, DiamondStarMonsters.
Unofficial Honda FIT Forums - View Profile: DiamondStarMonsters

He is very very busy though, so I don't know if he is accepting any new work at this time.

PM him and find out though!

Old 05-01-2013, 08:26 PM
No need for a tranny cooler unless you are going to be racing for hours at a time.

Nearly all honda transmissions have held up to the stress of a small or medium turbo build

Your best bet is to use turbos that are VERY efficient, as a small motor will rely on the turbo to spin up at a decent rate.

This kills ANY plans of cheap sleeve bearing turbos.

Find an OEM turbo from a nissan or mitsubishi, they are sized great, have proven to be reliable, and some of them are ballbearing design, allowing great response