Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

need help picking an exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 11:32 PM
need help picking an exhaust

im new to the site and sorry if this is in the wrong spot... i have a 07 Honda fit sport automatic and I'm trying to find an exhaust for my car. i want something that will give me performance but i don't want it to sound bad i don't want to shake buildings when i drive by I'm just not into the really loud exhausts id rather have a clean and mean sounding exhaust. another thing i don't have a ton of money to drop on a exhaust i'm not saying I'm so broke i'm going to custom make one i just don't feel like dropping thousands of dollars in some pipes. any help would be great because I'm not even sure how to even go about searching for the "correct" exhaust for me.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:05 AM
5 Year Member
I don't have an aftermarket exhaust yet, so my opinion is based on no personal experience, but from all the research I've done I would recommend either the HKS or Tanabe Medalion Touring. Both seem to have a nice mellow sound (not ricey, roaring down the street). The Tanabe has much more of a factory look to it, but the HKS is a little cheaper. There are several videos of both on youtube. Good luck with your shopping!

-Dustin

Old 02-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Bama3Dr
I don't have an aftermarket exhaust yet, so my opinion is based on no personal experience, but from all the research I've done I would recommend either the HKS or Tanabe Medalion Touring. Both seem to have a nice mellow sound (not ricey, roaring down the street). The Tanabe has much more of a factory look to it, but the HKS is a little cheaper. There are several videos of both on youtube. Good luck with your shopping!

-Dustin
thanks man I'll check those out

anyone else have any suggestions?

Old 02-04-2014, 07:51 PM
5 Year Member
I went with Skunk2 60mm and it sounds very nice, WHAAAAAAT?

Old 02-04-2014, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator
Check out this thread https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...os-inside.html it has clips of different exhaust setups. should help when you are trying to pick the one right for you

Old 02-04-2014, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by MNfit
Check out this thread https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...os-inside.html it has clips of different exhaust setups. should help when you are trying to pick the one right for you
What's the jazz everyone talks about? I must be stupid I don't know but I got a Honda fit sport which has the 1.5L 4cylinder haha if someone could explain that to me it would be nice too

Old 02-05-2014, 06:33 AM
5 Year Member
Jazz = Fit

Old 02-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator
The Jazz is what is sold in Europe, its the same thing as the the Fit. The Jazz is a lot closer in spec to the JDM Fits then it is the USDM Fit. You will see a lot of guys on here refer to there USDM Fit as a Jazz because they think its cooler or its different.

Old 02-05-2014, 06:58 PM
The Jazz is what is sold in Europe, its the same thing as the the Fit. The Jazz is a lot closer in spec to the JDM Fits then it is the USDM Fit. You will see a lot of guys on here refer to there USDM Fit as a Jazz because they think its cooler or its different.
alright thanks man and another thing i don't want it to sound like a ricer because that's a no no

Old 02-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by shaggy405
alright thanks man and another thing i don't want it to sound like a ricer because that's a no no

then don't by a cheap, eBay exhaust. Look its a 1.5 Lt 4 banger. A lot of people hate how that sounds with an exhaust and will call it rice no matter what. Personally, I loved the sound of my spoon exhaust and I loved how the J's racing exhaust sounded. Check out the link I posted with the exhaust sound clips, that should help you find what you are looking for in sound

Old 02-08-2014, 08:04 PM

then don't by a cheap, eBay exhaust. Look its a 1.5 Lt 4 banger. A lot of people hate how that sounds with an exhaust and will call it rice no matter what. Personally, I loved the sound of my spoon exhaust and I loved how the J's racing exhaust sounded. Check out the link I posted with the exhaust sound clips, that should help you find what you are looking for in sound
so you did an engine swap in your fit correct? was that engine for a fit or did you take that out of another honda? about how much did that cost all in all?