Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

All Motor Mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by derykisonder
There was a user on here that did an all motor engine build. I forgot what he did exactly but it had easily 15psi I might be wrong on this.

I, too have been interested in doing an all motor build, it's just the lack of money haha

From what I can tell, there's pistons, rods, camshaft, titanium springs, titanium retainers, high flow valves, sleeving and a better performance head gasket. All and all I totaled around $5300 on parts alone.

For your question about the weapon r intake manifold, it will in fact make more power because there's no restriction at all.
an all motor build making 15psi? not possible on a naturally aspirated setup. Even extreme all motor builds on bigger motors havent gotten there. There are builds that have created measurable positive induction, but they were involved in very specific intake chamber designs made for a very specific powerband and rev range.

The weapon R intake manifold is something that should not be purchased or installed unless you have both a hotter camshaft and the ability to rev higher then factory. On an otherwise stock GD3, they make only a few horsepower and suffer a power loss in the low and midrange rpms. Some people think it is faster with it on there, but the butt dyno (drivers seat) lies to you.