Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Ignition coil part# different in USA and Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member
Ignition coil part# different in USA and Canada?

Hello. I might be needing to change my coils (we'll see what my mechanic says) so I've been looking at RockAuto Parts Catalog at prices and they have the Hitachi coils and the Beck Arnley coils. I've read here on FF that the Hitachi coils are the actual same coils sold at Honda. However, there is only the US flag besides that part, whereas the Beck Arnley has both US and Canada.

What gives? Is there any variation in the engine between a USDM or Canadian Fit I don't know about? Perhaps the Beck Arnleys are designed to survive the harsh canadian winter? They are both the exact same price so is it "safer" to order the beck arnley since I'm in Canada?

Name:  2f4910580785b2abd710b373c9df05be_zps6fe65cbe.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  111.1 KB

Old 06-22-2014, 07:41 PM
5 Year Member
There's no difference in the coil packs as far as I'm aware. IGC0053 is in fact OE. I don't believe that the other coil packs are any more resilient to the Canadian winter than the Hitachi one is. In fact, I would think the other ones won't last as long as the OEM one (i had aftermarket crappy coils on my Fit and they died after a few months)

There can't be any actual functional difference between the two coils since there is really no difference in the engines either.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ikutoisahobo
There's no difference in the coil packs as far as I'm aware. IGC0053 is in fact OE. I don't believe that the other coil packs are any more resilient to the Canadian winter than the Hitachi one is. In fact, I would think the other ones won't last as long as the OEM one (i had aftermarket crappy coils on my Fit and they died after a few months)

There can't be any actual functional difference between the two coils since there is really no difference in the engines either.
Well, we do have a window washer fluid low indicator light on the dash! That's one difference. As far as the engine goes, I guess you're right. The beck and arnley stuff is supposed to be good. They make even a valve cover gasket that's nearly as expensive as the honda one.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I've heard the Beck Arnley one is good, but I didn't want to take any chances again so I put the money into the Hitachi ones.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ikutoisahobo
Yeah, I've heard the Beck Arnley one is good, but I didn't want to take any chances again so I put the money into the Hitachi ones.
Thanks for your input ikuto +rep! Since I posted that question my mechanic told me it's the plugs that need changing. Still feel the car is hesitant and get terrible mileage.

I ordered a new denso O2 sensor but I had him specifically test my O2 and he said its fine... Soooo, I have the OEM Denso upstream O2 sensor if you want it brand new in box.