Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KWSC Recirculation Valve Location?

Old 11-23-2014, 09:00 AM
5 Year Member
KWSC Recirculation Valve Location?

Hey guys, I've pieced together a Kraftwerks High Boost kit for my A/T Sport and while doing my pre-install check list/mock up I couldn't quite figure out where the recirculation valve (some may refer to it as a Blow Off Valve) would be mounted along with not 100% sure how its vacuum tuning should be routed without using the supercard (Running Flash Pro). Even after reading through the step by step instructions provided in the KW kit for both the 5 and 10 lb kits, I still couldn't quite grasp where this would need to be installed and where the hoses need to go since there were no pictures of the recirculation valve's install.

Do any KWSC owners have images of the recirculation valve installed and routed on their Fit that they wouldn't mind sharing? I'd like to know before my install date so I put this kit in, get it broken in and start getting it street tuned for drivability then later dyno.

For those who aren't sure of what I'm refering to, here is an image of the valve with the tubing setup for use with the Supercard.

Old 11-24-2014, 04:46 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
It should go between the supercharger and the throttle body. The bottom section should be placed on that pipe with the vacuum line going to the intake chamber. The outlet side, since it's recirculating, should go right before the supercharger inlet.

Old 11-24-2014, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
Right! That part I completely understood after sitting and looking at the piping laid out on my floor. What I was trying to figure out where in the engine bay would the valve be positioned? (I.E. On the side where the Rotrex is or underneath/behind the intercooler)

I recently had a moment of realization as I parked the Fit for the night... The valve itself has to be located somewhere underneath/behind the intercooler since there is a large port to the bottom of the I/C at the side nearest the throttle body that doesn't have any clear purpose except to act as a route for air to bypass the throttle body. Judging from what tubing I have left in my kit (the prior owner rerouted some things), a short piece of tubing connects the lower I/C port to the recirc. valve (positioned to the charged air hits perpendicular to the valve's inner spring/bypass chamber). From there another tube runs from it, across the engine bay, to the S/C inlet tube as you mentioned.

I think I understand what's going on now...

Old 11-25-2014, 07:56 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Yeah I was gonna suggest mocking up the piping and seeing where it could go. You could also delete it and run an atmosphere venting blow off valve since the first gen doesn't run MAF tuning.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by kylerwho
Yeah I was gonna suggest mocking up the piping and seeing where it could go. You could also delete it and run an atmosphere venting blow off valve since the first gen doesn't run MAF tuning.

I was wondering this too. There shouldn't be any problem welding a BOV flange into the charge pipe should there?

Old 01-25-2015, 01:43 AM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
Personally I wouldn't have any trouble welding on a BOV flange. Any shop that could weld aluminum could do it. Then just attach vacuum lines and make sweet whistling noises

Old 01-26-2015, 10:23 PM
Hey Hootie,

Do you still have the low boost pulley?

Old 01-26-2015, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Yes, but the thing is there is NO difference in pulley size. There is a metal insert that mounts onto the suction side of the Rotrex (in front of the impeller) and restricts the amount of air allowed into it (and restricting boost). That is the KEY difference between the low and high boost kits for the C15-60 equipped KWSC kits.

Last edited by Hootie; 01-26-2015 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:17 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
So could you potentially just order a different compressor housing to up the boost?

Old 01-28-2015, 09:57 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe... Though I can't say for sure. The compressor housing itself is easy to remove since it is only held in by 4 allen head bolts. The question is, can a housing be found or fabbed that fit the C15-60 (or whatever Rotrex being used), clear its impeller, and efficiently push the additional air in said housing.

Mind you, I'm currently brain dead from work and this is me effectively thinking out loud.

Old 01-29-2015, 09:31 PM
spoon fed
5 Year Member
wow this really has me thinking, what is the shaft diameter? could one for instance install a billet wheel from a turbo onto the compressor to up the efficiency and air output? 6 fin staggered or 11 blade?

Old 01-29-2015, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kylerwho
wow this really has me thinking, what is the shaft diameter? could one for instance install a billet wheel from a turbo onto the compressor to up the efficiency and air output? 6 fin staggered or 11 blade?
Swapping out shafts or impellers may be a little difficult. There's a flat backing plate that sits inside of the Rotrex which seems to block off its internal "gears"/"ramps"/whatever-you-want-to-call-them. Once that plate is removed then gutting a Rotrex may be cakewalk afterwards.

I really need to get both of the C15-60s back home from work now that I think about it. Just been too out of it to even function normally anymore. >.>

Old 04-04-2015, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
OT a tad... Any High Rollers still have the inlet pipe that was replaced when going High Boost? I am thinking about getting rid of the IC or re-doing it. Also I have a wet 60 shot NOS kit I would like to try out.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
If you're referring to the piece that runs across the front of the intake manifold then wraps around into the throttle body, then yes I have it. It's currently collecting dust.

PM me and I can send a picture of the tubing to comfirm that we are both talking about the same part.