Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Fujitsubo Authorize R Catback for GK

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 11:57 PM
5 Year Member
Fujitsubo Authorize R Catback for GK

Hey guys, I'm a little confused. Would this Authorize R match the North American Fit?

https://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/prods/de...04900/00001580

Because it says RS which I know is a model we don't have in Canada.

Anyone with a confirmation would be much appreciated

Old 10-08-2016, 01:05 PM
That pic shows a Fit with a shorter rear end, so a direct install would have the exhaust tip underneath the rear body panel of a NA Fit.

Old 10-08-2016, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Action Jackson
That pic shows a Fit with a shorter rear end, so a direct install would have the exhaust tip underneath the rear body panel of a NA Fit.
So the Fit RS is shorter?

They also have just a axel back version. Would this than work with the North American fits?

https://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/prods/de...04919/00001580

Old 10-09-2016, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
The North American Fit has a shorter bumper than the Asian/European version because the crash ratings are different in the US. So exhausts designed for those markets don't exit behind the US bumper as much.

I have the HKS silent hi power and it exits right under the US bumper. Because of that, the exhaust gases stain the white bumper and I periodically have to use a clay bar to remove it. Regular washing doesn't get it all.

Old 10-10-2016, 12:54 AM
Like everyone here have mentioned, the North American Fit have a longer front and rear bumper. I'm pretty sure it will fit as in bolt up to the b-pipe and the hangers. But the exhaust may not stick out as much as it should and the exhaust gases may stain the rear bumper. I have the HKS hi power silent exhaust as well and have to do extra cleaning (clay bar or just some quick detail and a cloth) on the bumper like 2Rismo2.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2Rismo2
The North American Fit has a shorter bumper than the Asian/European version because the crash ratings are different in the US. So exhausts designed for those markets don't exit behind the US bumper as much.

I have the HKS silent hi power and it exits right under the US bumper. Because of that, the exhaust gases stain the white bumper and I periodically have to use a clay bar to remove it. Regular washing doesn't get it all.
Originally Posted by JinKisaragi
Like everyone here have mentioned, the North American Fit have a longer front and rear bumper. I'm pretty sure it will fit as in bolt up to the b-pipe and the hangers. But the exhaust may not stick out as much as it should and the exhaust gases may stain the rear bumper. I have the HKS hi power silent exhaust as well and have to do extra cleaning (clay bar or just some quick detail and a cloth) on the bumper like 2Rismo2.
Ah okay, thanks guys! Now it all makes sense.

I looked at your build JinKisaragi and honestly it looks fine too me. Way better than the stock exhaust which basically is invisible haha.

I already clean my exhaust 2-4weeks on my 86 anyways due to the car running a bit rich so this won't be a big deal for me on the Fit.

A long as it fits and bolts up properly, I'm willing to clean that area even weekly if required (I don't drive much though so I doubt it would get dirty that fast)

~

By the way, I see a lot of Fit owners, 2015+ go with just axelbacks and not catbacks, Are the catbacks not worth it?

Last edited by Mr.Impreza; 10-10-2016 at 06:34 PM.