Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Debadge or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 05:28 AM
i got an extra from another member on the forums, and there isn't any sticky stuff to attach it with.

i wanted to rebadge it on the right side. i wonder if it would look cool or not. hah

Old 08-22-2008, 08:53 AM
5 Year Member
whatever you do, put the badge on hte DRIVER's side.

Old 08-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
5 Year Member
No! people will mistake your car for a scion or odyssey or some shit like that. lol

Old 08-22-2008, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Has anybody painted the "H" emblems without taking it off? For instance I have a SSM and i wanted to paint the H black, but keep the SSM around the H. I imagine the front would be easy but the rear.....

Old 08-22-2008, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by solbrothers
whatever you do, put the badge on hte DRIVER's side.
Some countries with LHD Fits have the Fit badge on the passenger side.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:42 PM
when i first got mine i had the h badge, a fit badge with red dot, and an eg6 vtec badge on the back. after i while i started to not like how "busy" the back of the car looked so i debadged.

i think it looks ten times beter with just the h badge in the back. plus alot of people really have no clue what it is when they see it and it doesnt have any form of model deignation. i have been told that it looked like civic and i have been told that it looked like a small sporty oddysey. i say dump the badges and leave them guessing.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Thats crazy because even with the "fit" badge people don't know what it is, people have actually asked me if my '07 was a 2009 because the've never seen it before anyway any pix of the Debadged fit?

Old 08-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
yeah i get it.
the fit just looks like a mini mini van

Old 08-22-2008, 11:39 PM
5 Year Member
i like it better in a lot of ways, much cleaner... plus i have the third brake light decal, i still might rebadge with the emblem with the red dot

Old 08-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Master FitFaker. CHEA!
wow it looks very good
that'd be SO awesome if you could somehow make the third brakelight have a blue dot on the "fit"

Old 08-23-2008, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
haha that would require some creativity... would look awesome though... you would need a clear lens (to scatter the light), some nice clear red plastic and a little bit of clear blue plastic, then glue it on to the back of the decal... probably needs to have that red to be legal

i need to get jdm tails... of course springs and rims too
until i get the jdm tails i swapped bulbs between the brake lights and reverse lights, that basically got rid of the running lights from the brake light part. now all i have is the little triangular part lit up for running lights at the top, looks pretty decent for now... and yeah it's legal, you should see the running lights on the new ford focus

Last edited by Fat Ping Cat; 08-23-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by drunkvabiker
Has anybody painted the "H" emblems without taking it off? For instance I have a SSM and i wanted to paint the H black, but keep the SSM around the H. I imagine the front would be easy but the rear.....
I've painted my front H badge black, and i like it soooo much i'm gonna do the rear soon. The front is pretty easy, just undo the bumper, pull the grille off and break the speednuts off the two pegs of the badge. They are NOT glued on. For the back (+1 to Osbourne) take a ruler with a hole in it, slide it up into the hatch and hook the two pins of the badge in the ruler and yank. Once the pins are broke the badge should come off.
Also, use bleach to take the chrome off before you paint them. It's WORTH THE WAIT.

As for debadging the Fit emblem... I'm all for it! The badge on the side would look weird to me tho.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tofuman
Some countries with LHD Fits have the Fit badge on the passenger side.
werd? didn't know that.

and, as for painting a badge without removing it, are you retarded? umm.. it takes a few minutes to remove a badge. it'd take more time to tape off the WHOLE car

Old 08-23-2008, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
...and, as for painting a badge without removing it, are you retarded? umm.. it takes a few minutes to remove a badge. it'd take more time to tape off the WHOLE car
you had to call him a retard for that ..... paint doesn't just come in spray form and he may want to keep the studs in tact.

to the OP regarding painting the H without removing it, you can use high-grade model paint, a brush, and a steady hand. it adheres to plastics well and i believe it would do fine on the shiny, chrome-like, H. if you use this method let us know how it turns out

Old 08-23-2008, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ricenpho1
i got an extra from another member on the forums, and there isn't any sticky stuff to attach it with.

i wanted to rebadge it on the right side. i wonder if it would look cool or not. hah

double sided tape my friend. i'll FOREVER be a part of your Fit

at least until you decide to take it off

Old 08-23-2008, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by chaaree
you had to call him a retard for that ..... paint doesn't just come in spray form and he may want to keep the studs in tact.

to the OP regarding painting the H without removing it, you can use high-grade model paint, a brush, and a steady hand. it adheres to plastics well and i believe it would do fine on the shiny, chrome-like, H. if you use this method let us know how it turns out
couldnt have said it any better. last time i checked there were various methods of painting. maybe i wanted to use a roller.. durrrr durrrrr.

Thanks for the input!

Old 08-25-2008, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
werd? didn't know that.
yeah, i believe the fits sold in mexico and south america have left hand drive, but the badge on the passenger side. MDM and SADM i guess.

there could be other countries too, but these are the only ones i know about.

Last edited by Tofuman; 08-25-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:36 AM
hah, i might just rebadge it then leave it as is. so much easier since it isn't drilled in. bwahaha

Old 09-26-2008, 10:10 PM
I just debadged my 2009 Black Fit Sport...

Come to find out, for some reason there are scratch marks around the letter F like someone from the dealership or thief tried to debadged it prior. Maybe just a scratch from shipping when they were taking the plastics off...

Either way...looks good being debadged and just having that BIG H in the center.

Reminds of of EURO HONDAs

Old 09-27-2008, 03:49 AM
5 Year Member
debadged is the way to go... looks more cleaner... took mines off a few weeks after i got my fit... i also have a fit emblem with the red dot but dont know when ill ever put it on...

Quick Reply: Debadge or Not?