Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Help me find a front grill

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 09:44 PM
references

Originally Posted by trancedsailor
I bet 90% I'm placing my order tomorrow regardless lol
I used to be an Ebay freak and got away from it. Is there a way we can talk to the sellers customers? $275 or so is reasonable, 2K is not. The fit and paint match will be the issues and/or deal breakers. That grill with the two side vents is a little "ricer" and I STILL like it! Any symbols I can lose I'd like to. If you can't tell it's a Honda then get away from my car.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Yah I don't think anyone here has that ricer grille. I really do think it would look great, and then I want to sell my wheels for grabber green wheels and go the green route inside and out, the way I should've gone from the start lol Yep, now it's 100% I want this grille, painted. If it doesn't fit, I'm gonna cry lol

Old 09-13-2008, 10:08 PM
settle down

I want to sell my wheels for grabber green wheels and go the green route inside and out, the way I should've gone from the start lol Yep, now it's 100% I want this grille, painted. If it doesn't fit, I'm gonna cry lol
The grill is cool but step back and think about the green wheels!!!! Have a nights rest and think about this. Remember I actually bought a purple car and, although I still love it, all that is purple is not necessarily desirable. I sort of wanted to paint my 85 champagne MR2 neon green but gotta grip at the last moment. Be careful!

Old 09-14-2008, 07:59 AM
Oh I love 1st gen MR2s...those side vents on the S/C version are sexy lol. And green is my favorite color man. I blast techno all the time, so it makes sense to me ;D at the end of the day, you gotta follow your heart, and mine says go green lol

Old 09-14-2008, 11:30 AM
Well I just bought Illusive's VBP J's grill off of him. Not really what I want but it's already color matched and ready to go so I jumped on it for the time being.

Old 09-14-2008, 12:46 PM
picky

I finally clicked on that ebay link. There's 3 pics and the one in the middle looks different than the others. That price is too low as well but, of course, in the final ebay auction moments shit can go crazy. I was wanting to know a painted price but am worried that it looks like different grills pictured. Which one are we talking about? The one in the middle is less constrictive and is the one pictured above. That would be the one I'd want.

Last edited by feddup; 09-14-2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: issues
Old 09-14-2008, 05:41 PM
thats the one

Old 09-15-2008, 12:16 AM
ebay?

I used to be more an "ebay person" and have since gotten away from that. How do you ask the vendor questions? I know I used to and I want to know the painted price.

If you look at that bumper closely in ANY of the photos that's definitely not a USDM front end. This "clean grill LOOK lose the H" mission may well be a lost cause but It's what mods/customization is all about.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:22 AM
Okay he said $60 for paint, and when I asked about it needing modification he said "it need to modification" so I responded 'what needs to be modified' lol this doesn't look like it's gonna happen...I want that grille though

Old 09-15-2008, 01:04 PM
worrisome

Okay he said $60 for paint, and when I asked about it needing modification he said "it need to modification" so I responded 'what needs to be modified' lol this doesn't look like it's gonna happen...I want that grille though
That sounds like a translation issue. That's worrisome. And if it needs modification AFTER the paint that defeats the purpose of painting. I hate to sound like a wusss but I need to see a "delivered" price and then judge the risk accordingly. It sounds risky. I still like the style though.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by feddup
That sounds like a translation issue. That's worrisome. And if it needs modification AFTER the paint that defeats the purpose of painting. I hate to sound like a wusss but I need to see a "delivered" price and then judge the risk accordingly. It sounds risky. I still like the style though.
That's why i said it would be a waste to order it painted. Most fiberglass will need some modification in order to fit perfectly. Take it to a shop after ordering it to have it fitted and painted. May cost you all of about another $100-$150. Well worth it to have the piece you want fit exactly

Old 09-15-2008, 08:28 PM
hm another 100-150 to have it done...I'll call the shop tomorrow and ask them about it.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:13 PM
I got it over with and bought it lol $69. It'll be a while before I post pics. Gonna have to take it to the shop next payday and have them fit it, cut it up, paint it and swap it on. Should look pretty awesome I'm excited!

Old 09-15-2008, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
You'll be happier in the long run.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:19 PM
yea and I'll make some money back selling the old grille + red emblem

Old 09-15-2008, 10:23 PM
I got it over with and bought it lol $69. It'll be a while before I post pics. Gonna have to take it to the shop next payday and have them fit it, cut it up, paint it and swap it on. Should look pretty awesome I'm excited!
I'm sorry for allowing you to be the guniea pig but I can't trust em to get the BBP paint right either. I've got to see the results and the price (cost/benefit). If the theory works as we've discussed it should give your front end a cleaner look. Good luck. Post Pics and I'm repping you for having balls!

Old 09-16-2008, 05:33 PM
haha thanks, I don't take risks often, and this risk isn't too pricey anyhows. I'm sure it will be able to fit one way or another, whether it needs cutting or not. I'm sure once this piece is on and looking sexy, I'm gonna want HIDs and a new front lip, probably J's replica

Old 09-16-2008, 09:57 PM
which one?

Did the vendor explain why there are two grills on the site. I swear the top and bottom grill are the same but I think we're talking about the one in the middle. How can you be sure. I'm sure the poor vendor sells lots of "ricer" parts so a bunch of questions probably won't thrill him. I DO like that grill. I often think carmakers end up making the car look too BUSY. I don't like "busy". In fact a lot of ricers seem to specialize in "busy". Usually "ricer", from me, would be an insult but I actually like that grill ricer or not and that, of course, is subjective.

Last edited by feddup; 09-16-2008 at 09:58 PM. Reason: omission
Old 09-16-2008, 10:04 PM
I dunno what you mean by one in the middle, so I'll post what I think is the one I'm receiving:

http://www.geocities.com/racingraven...Eye_cover1.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/racingraven...5Fit_Grill.jpg

those are the same grille. One is painted.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:24 PM
perspective?

I'm glad you posted those two pics. I DON'T think they're the same grill! The second one appears more restrictive but, to me anyway, just different. It might be the camera angle but I don't think so. Anyway I hope the one you get is the first one. I admire you for taking the chance. I'm laid off and have a gimpy shoulder so I have to watch my pennies. Thanks again for being the guinea pig. You might be doing a good thing to try out options. With the 09s out I still think accessories for the GD-3 will die out. Vendors gotta sell there stuff!

Quick Reply: Help me find a front grill