Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

DIY Duckbill Spoiler install

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 11:32 PM
ah shit good question, I don't remember. I don't know why there's two different measurements. Either way I had to do some boring to get them just right.

Good luck.

Take off your wing and tape it off and do the measurements and see which one makes sense.

You could also tape it off and put grease or a lot of Sharpie at the end of your bolts and then line it up and it will leave behind the spots for drilling

Old 07-25-2011, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
You did a very good DIY tutorial that even I could understand.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:03 AM
Ryanroland,

Does your spoiler have the bolts already mounted into your spoiler with the studs hanging out to put nuts on the underside of them? or do the bolts simply screw into the spoiler with no need for nuts like mine?

Old 07-28-2011, 01:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Demon Fit
Ryanroland,

Does your spoiler have the bolts already mounted into your spoiler with the studs hanging out to put nuts on the underside of them? or do the bolts simply screw into the spoiler with no need for nuts like mine?
Bolts are mount'd into the spoiler with studs hanging out for put the nuts

Old 07-28-2011, 02:10 AM
^^ what he said. yeah the wing has two studs and mine didn't come with nuts so I took it to home depot and found the right ones and went from there. Just another heads up even with big holes to access those nuts it will be a challenge to get a tool in there to tighten them. I just did it hand tight and left it up to double sided tape and luck. the nuts were wedged up against some metal support so I dont think they will just loosen but if you wanna add some security maybe add a little loctite to the mix.

And remember you have to take risks when working on a car. It's never gonna always be smooth and perfect. just measure twice cut once, instead of the other way around. I had no help besides kenmei with me and we were both clueless on this so we just figured what the hell? how bad can it be, and just eye balled it and it worked out great.

And with all projects make sure you have all your supplies before you start. I dont know how many trips ive had to make up to my 3rd floor apt in the middle of a project or take my othere car to autozone to get something i forgot. double check your stuff

take pics I can't wait to see it

Old 07-28-2011, 04:41 PM
I'll take pictures later of mine... but I got my spoiler from KenKen (don't know if you're farmilliar, but he sells these and exports them from Hong Kong for really cheap) But anyways... My spoiler has holes on the bottom and then bolts go up into it from the underside... But to me it looks like the bolts are too long and will actually break through the top of the spoiler before they are tight enough to hold the spoiler secure to the car... does anyone else have this same setup that i have?

Old 07-28-2011, 08:12 PM
Oh well that is a whole different process then. The are a lot of ppl on here that have bought from him though so it shouldnt be too hard to find someone who can do some measurements for you

Hope it works out for you

Old 03-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Subscribed this helps a ton