Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Body kit way too low...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 07:36 PM
Did you take off the sport kit to put this on?

Old 09-16-2011, 07:52 PM
5 Year Member
the rear and side are good but the front is hammered. Change the front back to the OEM stuff and paint the other 3 peices. The black and silver contrast is alot, but being painted it would be great! Hey I like the rear & sides it will be like day & night after it's got some color on it. The drop is good may be a gentle used sport bumper wrapped in SSM, but the fiberglass just can't make it through the Great White North Aye? It's cool your doing your own thing with it, me to and there are some here that hate it cuz it's not what they'd do but that's okay just think what it'd be like if we all did the same things!
enjoy,
Mike

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 09-16-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:46 PM
5 Year Member
lungfish, nope it's a base model. If I had oem sport that'd be pretty awesome, but then again, I like making something my own.

And thanks Mike! I was planning on painting them all silver. With the black centre bottom on the front and back, if you know what I mean. Except... now I need to find something for the front before I paint (and some money). I'm also deciding if I want to paint the side skirts silver or black... what do you think? And thanks for supporting originality! Not saying I have ANYTHING against keeping it stock. I don't care what someone does, it's their car. As my car is MY car. Haha. I wonder how difficult it would be to acquire a front oem sport lip...

Old 09-17-2011, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by UmmFit
lungfish, nope it's a base model. If I had oem sport that'd be pretty awesome, but then again, I like making something my own.

And thanks Mike! I was planning on painting them all silver. With the black centre bottom on the front and back, if you know what I mean. Except... now I need to find something for the front before I paint (and some money). I'm also deciding if I want to paint the side skirts silver or black... what do you think? And thanks for supporting originality! Not saying I have ANYTHING against keeping it stock. I don't care what someone does, it's their car. As my car is MY car. Haha. I wonder how difficult it would be to acquire a front oem sport lip...
Check this out :
07-08 Honda Fit Type-R Front Bumper Lip (Urethane) | eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ORIGI...item41549d1540

me I'd be going w/ silver on the sides & a set of summer rims
when and if the $ tree bears a good harvest this year haha.
Who made the kit?

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 09-17-2011 at 01:37 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 02:25 AM
Super Moderator
I got nothing against the kit. Its just the car as a whole as it sits right now I'm not a fan of. Unpainted body kit and stealies look very tacky. Get the kit painted and some nice wheels. It doesn't even have to be any super "JDM" wheels, just a nice set of wheels and the car I'll look much better.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by MNfit
I got nothing against the kit. Its just the car as a whole as it sits right now I'm not a fan of. Unpainted body kit and stealies look very tacky. Get the kit painted and some nice wheels. It doesn't even have to be any super "JDM" wheels, just a nice set of wheels and the car I'll look much better.
Exactly this.

Color match the whole kit please.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
In ummfits defense I'm sure paint matching is part of the plan and I'm sure he wouldn't mind nice rims but unless your offering to give him a set of yours its only pointing out rolls on an obese person. However far from unique the fact its an over the counter kit made for your car limits its ability to really be unique. Maybe try rubber under coat on the bottom half of the bumper and extra fiberglass on the backside to sturdy it up.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:15 PM
5 Year Member
Pro-tip: If you have a body kit...don't mount it until you can afford to paint it.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by joey_fits
In ummfits defense I'm sure paint matching is part of the plan and I'm sure he wouldn't mind nice rims but unless your offering to give him a set of yours its only pointing out rolls on an obese person. However far from unique the fact its an over the counter kit made for your car limits its ability to really be unique. Maybe try rubber under coat on the bottom half of the bumper and extra fiberglass on the backside to sturdy it up.
He is more then welcome to by my 15" BBS RS. Only $1,500 +shipping

Old 09-24-2011, 08:31 PM
5 Year Member
Ha! Riiiight... What was said is exactly that, I don't have the money. I was actually just in the process of fitting up the bumpers properly. Hard to do without having them on, and once I got them on, I noticed that things start to shift a bit for the first while, leading to more cutting and fitting, which means that I would have wasted a lot of money painting them right off the bat only to have to have them painted again. Then came the damage. Now it's just giving me more ideas about how I want to work with my car. I'm actually going to be having a friend of mine who's a sheet metalist to work with me in designing a front spoiler for a more moderate bumper type, thus allowing more height, and more durability, along with aerodynamics.

To those who actually posted useful tips, not just insults, thanks. Your words helped a lot in thinking this through. One day I may afford everything I want, and if you're still selling those rims MnFit, haha, I'll take them in the future.

Cheers.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Who made the kit?
Oh I almost forgot to tell you. The parts were made by Honda Fit Tuner.com. I made a brave move buying their stuff. But you're right, the back and sides weren't so bad, also fit fairly well.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member
From this angle it look really nice I think ciggy got this same rear bumper on his GD3 and painted it MR and kept the bottom black. Like'n yours though good job post up some pix after the the metal is on!! Push on through to the other side and there you'll find a cool ride.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:46 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks dude!

Old 09-28-2011, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
sizing plz

Old 09-29-2011, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by Mr08FiT
sizing plz