Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Help: Front and rear bumper keep on falling off

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
Help: Front and rear bumper keep on falling off

HELP: FRONT AND REAR BUMPER KEEP ON FALLING OFF

Hey everyone I thought I post it here I just bought a used Honda Fit first Gen or at least to the US.

Problem is that my front and rear bumper keep on falling off or at least the ends keep on falling off and flapping in the wind it ridiculous and I am tried of it

PLEASE HELP I keep on using zip ties and push the bumpers back in place but no luck and the tabs are all broken but the base are still intact. I hope I do not need new bumpers.

Whats the fix do you guys have tips or trick that would great and thanks for all the Honda Fit love.

Old 02-24-2012, 01:35 AM
5 Year Member

You need to warn people with this bumper sticker then...

Old 02-24-2012, 01:42 AM
5 Year Member
LOL thats a good one but for real does anyone else have this problem or I am the only sucker lol.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:54 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by civichb20
LOL thats a good one but for real does anyone else have this problem or I am the only sucker lol.
Originally Posted by civichb20
PLEASE HELP I keep on using zip ties and push the bumpers back in place but no luck and the tabs are all broken but the base are still intact. I hope I do not need new bumpers.
My bet is the previous owner constantly ran into stuff and got it yanked off, breaking the tabs.

Another member used zipties to hold up the bumper ends... but they drilled matching holes on the bumper AND adjacent fender to loop the zipties through... making it very visible to anyone passing by (looks like cross stitches).

The only other real solution... buy a new bumper.

Oh, it's still a first gen Fit elsewhere too. It's just everywhere else, had it for longer.

*I'm almost half hoping someone rips my bumper off, so I'd have an excuse to buy the bumper and grille that comes on the 2012 Fits* (>.<)*

Old 09-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Goobers
Another member used zipties to hold up the bumper ends... but they drilled matching holes on the bumper AND adjacent fender to loop the zipties through... making it very visible to anyone passing by (looks like cross stitches).
I found my front bumper lying in the street a few days ago. Hit-and-run; probably from a kid leaving the high school down the street. I'm planning on using zip-ties to re attach it since the holes for the pegs are all split. I've been trying to find the thread you're referring to, but to no avail. Could you point me in the right direction?

Old 09-17-2012, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
Someone recommended zip ties for my emergency kit, I already had wire used for tying rebar, duct tape a few self tapping screws, if you have enough overlapping plastic you can drill and pop rivet but screws would be easier to take off.

Old 09-17-2012, 11:19 PM
5 Year Member
My front bumper is easily pulled loose from the front fenders from over 6 years of having the front lip making contact with the road surface and driveway entrances... For the last few years the bumper pops out from the fenders when I drive over 100 MPH.. The holes the plastic rivets fit through are all torn out of the bumper... I have a new after market bumper and need to get new rivets... I use cabinet nuts and bolts to hold the plastic under body panels in place and hood louvers to low the air pressure that builds up under the hood and pulls the rivets loose.