Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Anyone tried Proline Roof Top Track Slats on their GE8?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2013, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone tried Proline Roof Top Track Slats on their GE8?

I had a roof rack on my previous car that hooked between the door and the roof. I didn't like that it altered the door seal or that it scraped the paint off of the inner edge of the door seal or that it eventually damaged the paint on the roof of the car because the rubber/silicone feet eventually dissolved after many car washes.

So I decided to build a hitch-mount bike rack, and it works ok, but I'd like to go back to a roof rack, and I noticed the rail/track slots in the roof. I immediately started looking for OEM tracks that will fit on the Fit, but I've had no luck. Searching this forum leads me to believe that those tracks are not available in the US, which makes absolutely no sense... but whatever.

So this brings me to my question. I found a set of track slats that seems like exactly what I would need, but searching this forum for the product name "Proline Roof Top Track Slats" yields no results. Has anyone used these tracks on their GE8? They're not very expensive, so if nobody has tried them yet, I may do it anyway (and document the experience), but I thought I'd ask.

The tracks are supposed to fit Thule Tracker II feet and Yakima Control Towers, and should allow for sliding the cross bars for a more OEM experience.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:34 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by big_lv
I had a roof rack on my previous car that hooked between the door and the roof. I didn't like that it altered the door seal or that it scraped the paint off of the inner edge of the door seal or that it eventually damaged the paint on the roof of the car because the rubber/silicone feet eventually dissolved after many car washes.

So I decided to build a hitch-mount bike rack, and it works ok, but I'd like to go back to a roof rack, and I noticed the rail/track slots in the roof. I immediately started looking for OEM tracks that will fit on the Fit, but I've had no luck. Searching this forum leads me to believe that those tracks are not available in the US, which makes absolutely no sense... but whatever.

So this brings me to my question. I found a set of track slats that seems like exactly what I would need, but searching this forum for the product name "Proline Roof Top Track Slats" yields no results. Has anyone used these tracks on their GE8? They're not very expensive, so if nobody has tried them yet, I may do it anyway (and document the experience), but I thought I'd ask.

The tracks are supposed to fit Thule Tracker II feet and Yakima Control Towers, and should allow for sliding the cross bars for a more OEM experience.
Fits do not have "rail/track slots in the roof". The slots that you see are weld seams that are covered with black rubber strips. One or two forums members over the last seven years have used after-market track-type rack systems, but the tracks have to be fastened with screws placed in holes that you drill into the sheet metal of the roof. Not a real popular option with most Fit owners.