Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

Small dent... any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 01:27 PM
Small dent... any advice?

So I've had my BOM Fit for less than a week and while I was outside with a friend I mentioned the alarm and without much thought he pushed on the car to rock it back and forth and see if he could set it off. The result was a small dent that didn't pop back out. It is above the passenger side hatch window, barely noticeable but now it is all I look at when I approach the car!
My question is whether or not anyone has ever used one of those suction dent removers? It seems like it would be perfect for my problem but before I try anything I wanted to ask and see if anyone has experience with them or any other dent remover... any do's or dont's.. any tips in general.
Thanks in advance... this is my first new car so it felt like bringing my baby home from the hospital and my friend poked it in the eye!

Old 10-05-2006, 02:09 PM
solution, make him pay for it.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:37 PM
5 Year Member
check the yellow pages or internet for a paintless dent removal company in your area - - it's well worth the money (probably less than $100) - - I wouldn't try and fix it myself - but that's me

good luck

Old 10-06-2006, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
Dent Dr. Or Paintless dent removal is best when done by someone that has a real gift for doing it.

Get some recommendations from various dealerships in your area.

Try Honda but don't stop there, also ask BMW, Mercedes or other European Import dealerships.

In my area there is one person that travels from place to place and is really good. You can't tell where he fixed the dent but he takes a fairly long time to perform the magic. Rough cost is $100.

He told me that it's easy to learn and very difficult to master. Most people can do it ok but very rarely there is one person that really is excellent.

It's like being an artist I guess. Paint by numbers vs Michelangelo.
Bravo!

Old 10-06-2006, 01:40 AM
5 Year Member
yeah i just got a dent on my rear driver side door from someone getting out of a parking spot badly denting my car. Its a good thing they stopped czu its not that long. Its like a very tiny indentation about 3 inches long. NO paint was lost so i know i can get it popped back out. I just dont have the time to get it popped. Maybe this weekend.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:38 AM
dont try to do it yourself you might make it worse than it is. let a real pro do it

Last edited by quangalang; 10-06-2006 at 02:40 AM.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Thanks for all of the advice! I got a call yesterday that my registration had come in so when I went to the dealer I mentioned to my dealer that i had "noticed the crease" a couple days earlier and she had the dent repair guy handle it right then. One of the other salesmen said it would be about $50-$100 but she didn't charge me anything! It's been the only thing I really needed the dealer for so far (the car sold itself) but I couldn't be happier, my car is back to perfect! After watching the technician work his magic I am glad i didn't try and handle anything myself, its obvious now that anything I tried wouldn't have turned out well. Thats what is so great about this forum, Thanks again for all of you input!

Old 10-06-2006, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
Dent Wizard

I went to Dent Wizard, a guy who got rave reviews, and he took out a couple of Home Depot shopping cart dents from my Storm Silver Fit. It takes a lot of training to learn how to do it and the guys usually pay for it themselves. The poor guy works in blistering heat in hot parking lots -- so hot sometimes the asphalt he's standing on is melting. He takes out dings in used cars, trucks and SUVs and works in cars for private individuals while he's there. You'd think the dealerships would make an effort to give him a better work environment, considering the profit they turn after he makes the vehicles look so good. He told me as long as the paint isn't damaged, he can fix the dents. He warned me to put guards around the wheel wells, though, because dents in that area can't be taken out without major body work.

Last edited by FondaFit; 10-06-2006 at 11:26 AM. Reason: For clarity
Old 11-19-2006, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Smile small dents

The car was not even one week old before some jerk dinged the rear door with a shopping cart, so I can relate.

I went to my Honda dealer to get advice, and they told me who to contact (and since the car was brand new, did not want to take my money by being the middle man). I was floored, and thankful, and the dude that fixed it used a method whereby they insert a tool between the door and the window, and gradully push it back out.

Since it was a small one, but with a sharp little crease in it, I was amazed that he was able to mkae it disappear and be like new again. These paintless repair guys can do a great job if they know their stuff. Unfortunately there are limits to what they can repair this way, but I'm glad they are around.

Since then, another jerk did something similar, but this time they cut into my rear bumper and the scratch tore up some of the soft vinyl covering creating a fuzzy edged scratch. People can be very inconsiderate at times -- but if it happens to them, then it's the end of the world!

Later,
Bill

Old 03-31-2007, 03:08 AM
speaking of dents and scratches and scary stuff, anyone know what i should do for this.
i discovered this really deep scratch while washing my car. i really think my little brother did it while hauling his bike in the back.
at first i thought it was a pine needle or something. so i went to pick it off and *gasp* it wasn't

Old 03-31-2007, 02:08 PM
5 Year Member
Just have him rock the opposite side of the car and you'll have the principal of a 2008 HONDA FIT!