WINDOW TINTING:Is it worth it on hot days - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Discussions about about exterior modifications, body-work, body-kits and JDM body styling

WINDOW TINTING:Is it worth it on hot days

Old 02-22-2018, 04:21 PM
WINDOW TINTING:Is it worth it on hot days

I need to lower the inside temp on hot days. My Car: 2018 Honda Fit Sport with black dash & black interior
I realize I am asking some of you to think back to last summer. Would someone who has tinted their windows please tell me if they noticed a big difference once you had your windows tinted?
I am looking into getting 35% tint on the driver, passenger's side windows, and the rear window.
The 2 rear seat windows would be a darker tint.
I am a analytical type (some say nut) so it would be great if you could quantify the difference that you noticed(approx. temp difference). I know there's a lot of variables but an answer, as specific as you can manage, would be great.
Thanks ahead for any answers

Old 02-22-2018, 04:33 PM
I think it is definitely worth it. I can't tell you by how many degrees, but when the sun is shining through the untinted windshield at me, it's a lot hotter than when it's shining through the driver's side window that is tinted. I also have a banner strip on the windshield.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:57 PM
Definitely needed. During summer when the car is in the sun for 8 hrs you can feel the difference of before and after the tint. Mine I have 20% all around plus the banner strip on windshield.

Old 02-22-2018, 06:10 PM
5 Year Member
Once you've had a car with window tint, you'll never go without again. I've probably had 15ish tinted vehicles to date. The heat difference is monumental, but also your skin will thank you as well. Standard auto glass offers little to no UV protection. This is also why you see faded dashes and door panels. Those UV rays are damaging to everything.

Keep in mind that not all window tint is the same. Ceramic tints offer considerably more protection than dyed films.

Right now I have one vehicle with Llumar CTX 30, one with CTX 35, one with Solar Guard metallic 20, and one with 3m dyed film 20.

The CTX 30 is by far my favorite all around.

Window Film Reduces Car Temperature | LLumar Window Film

Old 02-22-2018, 08:04 PM
5 Year Member
it will definitely make a difference. whether it's worth it or not depends whether you like it more or less than your cash!