1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

window tint help and fast

Old 01-16-2011, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
window tint help and fast

ok so i have my windows tinted 20-25% in the back and (had) the front tinted 40%, the little triangle window is still 40%, i ended up getting a ticket for speeding but he let me go with just giving me a fix it ticket for the tint. now my question is. i know you can double up tint as long as its not a roll up window. now i want to tint the front window either 50% or 35% nomatter what because im getting both tint shades. but im planning on either blacking out the front triangle and the back side window (not roll up) with 5% or do you think i should do the math and try to double up the tint to make it look 5% in the front with 20% over 40%? and 35% over 20-25% tint in the back window so it will look darker in the back but not tinting the rear window dark so i will b able to see fine at night. i need help!

i love how his car looks. he has 18% on everything but the windshield and 50% in the front windows

Old 01-16-2011, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
Check out what your State and local laws are on window tint.
Me telling you what Florida laws are will do you no good unless you live in Florida.
Gregg

Old 01-16-2011, 06:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Gregg
Check out what your State and local laws are on window tint.
Me telling you what Florida laws are will do you no good unless you live in Florida.
Gregg
Im in cali so 70 is the darkest u can get. I think i might just go with 50% to get it as close as i can. I also might not mess with the back and just get the front done. Now the big question now would b shuld i get 20% over the 40% on the little triangle windows or should i just black them out with 5%?

Old 01-16-2011, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
ok so i have my windows tinted 20-25% in the back and (had) the front tinted 40%, the little triangle window is still 40%, i ended up getting a ticket for speeding but he let me go with just giving me a fix it ticket for the tint. now my question is. i know you can double up tint as long as its not a roll up window. now i want to tint the front window either 50% or 35% nomatter what because im getting both tint shades. but im planning on either blacking out the front triangle and the back side window (not roll up) with 5% or do you think i should do the math and try to double up the tint to make it look 5% in the front with 20% over 40%? and 35% over 20-25% tint in the back window so it will look darker in the back but not tinting the rear window dark so i will b able to see fine at night. i need help!

i love how his car looks. he has 18% on everything but the windshield and 50% in the front windows
I guess you're looking for just an opinion. I say go ahead and put tint over those tiny quarter windows. It wouldn't matter. I never use those windows so they seem pointless to me. They might as well be blacked out. I'm surprised Honda even put an air vent there. I personally wouldn't want to double up on tint with any other window. I would just have a shop remove the unwanted tint and then apply the desired darkness.

On my car (the car above) I have 18% on all of the rear windows, 50% on the two front windows and 5% on the tiny quarter windows (and used to have a 5" 5% shadeband across the top of my windshield before I had to get it replaced)

edit... thank you, i haven't looked at that pic in a long time, I think my car looks a lot better now

Last edited by Fat Ping Cat; 01-16-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Omg thank u so much for letting me know that the front window was 5% bec i almost ordered 20% and that wuldnt have looked the same as urs. Now the other question i ask is shuld i just get 50% or get 35% in the two roll up windows in the front?

Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat
I guess you're looking for just an opinion. I say go ahead and put tint over those tiny quarter windows. It wouldn't matter. I never use those windows so they seem pointless to me. They might as well be blacked out. I'm surprised Honda even put an air vent there. I personally wouldn't want to double up on tint with any other window. I would just have a shop remove the unwanted tint and then apply the desired darkness.

On my car (the car above) I have 18% on all of the rear windows, 50% on the two front windows and 5% on the tiny quarter windows (and used to have a 5" 5% shadeband across the top of my windshield before I had to get it replaced)

edit... thank you, i haven't looked at that pic in a long time, I think my car looks a lot better now

Old 01-16-2011, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by xonexlifex
Omg thank u so much for letting me know that the front window was 5% bec i almost ordered 20% and that wuldnt have looked the same as urs. Now the other question i ask is shuld i just get 50% or get 35% in the two roll up windows in the front?
On your front windows you already know what it is like having 40%. Personally given my hindsight I kind of wish I had 35% up front. So I would say go with 35% but this is a matter of your own opinion. 50% up front looks legal. I never get questioned about my tint (given I have been pulled over approx. 6 times). Do you want it to appear legal or do you want it a shade darker?

I say just put 5% tint over your 40% on those small windows too. I've thought about just putting black vinyl over them on the inside. So that's another option to black them out.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat
On your front windows you already know what it is like having 40%. Personally given my hindsight I kind of wish I had 35% up front. So I would say go with 35% but this is a matter of your own opinion. 50% up front looks legal. I never get questioned about my tint (given I have been pulled over approx. 6 times). Do you want it to appear legal or do you want it a shade darker?

I say just put 5% tint over your 40% on those small windows too. I've thought about just putting black vinyl over them on the inside. So that's another option to black them out.
Ya im guna black out the triangle ones and ill order 35% and 50% bec its the same price

Old 01-17-2011, 01:36 PM
Well if 70% is what is legal in your area. I would suggest to go with 70%, if you fix(removed) your tint and had the officer sign the "fix it" ticket then you went out to tint the windows again. Doing this, your car can get impounded because you lied basically lied. And no officer will sign your fix it ticket if you still have tint on your car. You will need to remove everything before they sign the ticket.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Black01
Well if 70% is what is legal in your area. I would suggest to go with 70%, if you fix(removed) your tint and had the officer sign the "fix it" ticket then you went out to tint the windows again. Doing this, your car can get impounded because you lied basically lied. And no officer will sign your fix it ticket if you still have tint on your car. You will need to remove everything before they sign the ticket.
^^DITTO THIS^^

xonexlifex What are you thinking? You get caught speeding, the officer cuts you a break and you want to scoff on the deal... explain your position here, please.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:26 AM
I have 35% front and 20% rears. Blacked out corner windows could be nice but I think the shades changing would look funny, maybe not though? Up to you what to do.

Off that why not just pay the ticket? Here in VA cost is only bout $50. Cost me $230 for tint. Charge is not a moving violation, and stripping and retinting is more expensive. I just got both speeding and tint charges. Paid them both? You did it not cop.

Old 01-18-2011, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black01
I removed all the tint already and had a cop sign my car windows off yesterday. I ordered the tint yesterday and shuld get it this week. The wholr reason why im asking this thread is to see what people think of the shades. As far as i know with experience from others fix it tickets are totally different then regular tickets. U can get as many as u want, people pay them off all the time. I just wanted to get mine done so i dont get hassaled again so thats y im going a shade lighter.

Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
^^DITTO THIS^^

xonexlifex What are you thinking? You get caught speeding, the officer cuts you a break and you want to scoff on the deal... explain your position here, please.
Well i hate not having tint on the front. It looks goofy to me. Im not ruining his deal i just want something to help with the heat and so it doesnt look as funny. I already had an officier sign my ticket off and im going to pay the fix it fine today. So all is good. I just want to put atleast 50% on there so it helps with alittle bit of the glare but still look stock

Originally Posted by Bthasht
I have 35% front and 20% rears. Blacked out corner windows could be nice but I think the shades changing would look funny, maybe not though? Up to you what to do.

Off that why not just pay the ticket? Here in VA cost is only bout $50. Cost me $230 for tint. Charge is not a moving violation, and stripping and retinting is more expensive. I just got both speeding and tint charges. Paid them both? You did it not cop.
I didnt want to pay the ticket bec i know how to do window tint pretty easy. We took off the front already and know how to put it back on my self. So its a lot cheaper in the long run.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:42 PM
I'm quite amazed by this whole thread... May I ask how old you are and what you do for a living??
As far as i know with experience from others fix it tickets are totally different then regular tickets. U can get as many as u want, people pay them off all the time. I just wanted to get mine done so i dont get hassaled again so thats y im going a shade lighter.
With all due respect, this isn't necessarily a good rule to live by and, though you are free to 'get as many as you want', such disregard will certainly bite you in the ass again and again and the basic point of view is guaranteed to become expensive.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Krimson_Cardnal
I'm quite amazed by this whole thread... May I ask how old you are and what you do for a living??
With all due respect, this isn't necessarily a good rule to live by and, though you are free to 'get as many as you want', such disregard will certainly bite you in the ass again and again and the basic point of view is guaranteed to become expensive.
Ok bud i dont want to get into this stuff again with someone on here. And wat the hell does how old i am or what kind of job i do matter. Im 22 and work as a cnc machinist. I make custom parts for disney and other high end business places. I know how stuff works but come on dude its just tint. U dont think everyone on here has illegal stuff on there cars that wuld bit them in the ass later? Its called living life and its pretty stupid to give up trying just because of one complication like a fix it ticket. Aure i got lucky but my lesson is to slow down, not to nkt get tint on the front windows. Whats with these new guys anyways? Ive been on this forum too long to think what ur saying is the way to go