Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Lightened Crank Pulleys with KWSC

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 08:45 AM
is anyone running lightened pulley with kwsc? also wondering if anyone is running the weapon r intake manifold? if you gotta pull the top if the stock manifold as it is, it kinda makes sense to swap out the manifold at the same time. just wanna know if it's working as well as hoped. if you don't wanna announce to the forum, pm is ok. (big brother is always watching... )

dave

Last edited by dman77fb; 05-26-2008 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by dman77fb
is anyone running lightened pulley with kwsc? also wondering if anyone is running the weapon r intake manifold? if you gotta pull the top if the stock manifold as it is, it kinda makes sense to swap out the manifold at the same time. just wanna know if it's working as well as hoped. if you don't wanna announce to the forum, pm is ok. (big brother is always watching... )

dave

the kit was designed to work with the stock pulley.

Old 05-28-2008, 01:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by eldaino
the kit was designed to work with the stock pulley.
it would be nice to know if that's just "the company stance", or if KW has specific negative feedback after having tried an after-market pulley themselves.

Originally Posted by gotfitted
haha yea, my hoses were installed bass ackwards and long story short, the car ran like junk ...
holy cow, how did that thing even run!! at least the spark plugs were still in the right order.

Last edited by xorbe; 05-28-2008 at 01:39 AM.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:01 PM
the l15 was also designed to run with te stock crank pulley, but that didn't stop the aftermaket...

dave

Old 05-28-2008, 02:51 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
the l15 was also designed to run with te stock crank pulley, but that didn't stop the aftermaket...

dave
Aftermarket crankpulley on the SC can alter settings on the SC. It might cause unwanted problems when using in conjunction with the Kit.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:54 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
Aftermarket crankpulley on the SC can alter settings on the SC. It might cause unwanted problems when using in conjunction with the Kit.
If a stock circumference pulley of a lighter WEIGHT (which most of the many brands are) is installed it could NOT have any effect on the supercharger system. It does not alter the speed or any other operating parameter of the supercharger.

The only thing to be concerned about is whether or not your new pulley has been designed to operate safely with the additional stress of the force necessary to turn the supercharger imparted to the pulley by the automatic belt tensioner

Old 05-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Former Vendor

dave
True, but that doesn't always mean it's right. The dampening of the stock crank pulley is important for the engine. There have been many articles about this. The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) has talked about this many times as well.

Here is a small article: ATI - The Dangers of Power Pulleys & Understanding the Harmonic Damper

-OJR

Old 05-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Banned
That article would be nice if it applied to a Fit.

But since the Jazz/Fit has JUST A PULLEY NOT A HARMONIC BALANCER it doesn't matter what the problems are in the article because that is NOT the system that the Jazz/Fit uses.

Once again on the Jazz/Fit it's JUST A PULLEY nothing to do with the balance of the engine (Jazz/Fit is internally balanced). It's there to drive the belt no harmonic vibration reduction what so ever.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by claymore

But since the Jazz/Fit has JUST A PULLEY NOT A HARMONIC BALANCER it doesn't matter what the problems are in the article because that is NOT the system that the Jazz/Fit uses.

Once again on the Jazz/Fit it's JUST A PULLEY nothing to do with the balance of the engine (Jazz/Fit is internally balanced). It's there to drive the belt no harmonic vibration reduction what so ever.

i'm sure that they have put some thought into it. otherwise claymore, i think its best we take the jacksons word....the people who would agree with you will probably also be the ones wanting their money back when their stuff breaks because they didn't follow directions because they thought they knew so much.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by claymore

That article applies to engines in general.

If you take a look at the stock crank pulley, there is dampening material sandwiched into it. Take a close look...

So there is harmonic vibration dampening built into the stock crank pulley on the Fit. Honda would not use a solid crank pulley.

-OJR

Last edited by OJRKraftWerks; 05-29-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
Eldino here is a pic of what Oscar Jr. Is talking about

this is a honda pully, and here is the materal in that hes talking about. see how that razor blade is sticking in it. Rubber like materal used to dampen

Name:  IMG_0066.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  44.6 KB
Name:  IMG_0065.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  43.7 KB
Hi Oscar

don't you have my old engine still? take pics of that lol or did you blow it up?

Last edited by jpax; 05-29-2008 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:27 PM
Former Vendor
Thank you for the pictures jpax!

No, we did not blow it up! Actually, your engine is pictured front and center in our instructions.

-OJR

Old 05-29-2008, 07:36 PM
5 Year Member
Awesome good to hear.

Is Kraftwerks going to have a Booth at Sema this year? or is that underwraps?

Old 05-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Former Vendor
Under wraps...

-OJR

Old 05-29-2008, 07:48 PM
5 Year Member
Well can't wait till afterward for a little action. remember this old photo! Talk to you later.

Name:  timeattack14.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  41.4 KB

Old 05-29-2008, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
(Read my mind about splitting these posts into a new thread!)

Got the UR pulleys today -- my scale says 461g for the crank and 87g for the alt pulley.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:21 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by KraftWerks
True, but that doesn't always mean it's right. The dampening of the stock crank pulley is important for the engine. There have been many articles about this. The Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) has talked about this many times as well.

Here is a small article: ATI - The Dangers of Power Pulleys & Understanding the Harmonic Damper

-OJR

The Jazz/Fit engine pulley is just that a pulley is serves no function in relation to harmonic damping and is not a harmonic damper it's just a pulley so that article is not relevant to Jazz/Fit.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:31 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
I went through the threads and the only posts Deleted were deleted by the OP as far as I can see.
One of mine was "Missing" also???? What only certain people with positive posts allowed to post in this thread??? Even to correct incorrect information???

Old 05-30-2008, 03:35 AM
Banned
Actually that rubber is for reducing NOISE AND harshness not harmonic damping. Read the manual even "gods of performance" are incorrect sometimes. You could run the Jazz/Fit engine WITHOUT a pulley with no ill effects it's JUST a pulley to drive the belt.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:43 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by eldaino
i'm sure that they have put some thought into it. otherwise claymore, i think its best we take the jacksons word....the people who would agree with you will probably also be the ones wanting their money back when their stuff breaks because they didn't follow directions because they thought they knew so much.
from KW post # 10 "That article applies to engines in general."

I guess you don't believe another manufacturer either........

From Unorthodox Racing Nice SOLID pulley but hey I guess you know more than them??? But they think it's OK to run with a solid pulley on the L-15a engine but you don't believe them either I bet.

photo credit:xorbe

Don't make any more of an A** of yourself by ASSUMING something that you have no clue about.

Last edited by claymore; 05-30-2008 at 03:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Lightened Crank Pulleys with KWSC