Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Digital Odometer display blank

Old 06-17-2019, 04:53 PM
Digital Odometer display blank

Hey Guys, When I got stationed in Santo Domingo, DR I purchased a 2010 Honda Fit RS JDM with the shift pedals. Fun little car and I've been hooked. Recently I went hiking in some remote part of the island and when I got back to town walking down the mountain I realized that I lost my car keys, having a spare in the car I was not too worried about it.
The spare did not have the remote so when a local shop was able to pop the door lock I could not turn the alarm off but the car would start from ignition.
They had a spare key with remote which I could buy, they'll program to activate/de-activate alarm but couldn't cut and with my other key turn on the car and off I can drive away.
By the time they finished it was late and just wanted to get back to my hotel room and pass out. Had to be back on base in the AM.
Got up early to drive back to base and didn't drive for almost a week.
The next time I drove my car I noticed that the digital display for the odometer was blank. Back panel of the display had light and instead of all the info it just had the lighted up dashes ( - - - - - )across the middle. Kind of like a microwave (this is the only way I can describe it).
Does anyone know if the OBD2 Tool that's used to program the key has a function to turn on and off odometer display? Maybe they did this by accident? Anyone ever seen this before? I feel like the isolated problem was from the key situation.
I can't go back to the shop because it's almost 4 hours away.
Nothing else has happened to my car except for the key problem.

Last edited by zipsidehighfive; 06-21-2019 at 04:10 PM.