Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Spoon Fit

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 11:45 AM
Wait... a spoon exhaust worked on a USDM fit? >.>

E

Old 10-17-2019, 11:58 AM
Yes sir it bolted up perfectly!

Old 10-18-2019, 08:39 AM
5 Year Member
So you didn't have any issues with the exhaust hangers on your sport? I thought some people complained that the sport had different hanger locations so exhausts that was a direct bolt on in previous would not work unless the messed with the hangers.

Is costco your favorite photo location? lol

Old 10-18-2019, 09:10 AM
Rismo. That is true the exhaust hangar (Coming off the exhaust) instead of facing right goes straight towards the back but I honestly didn't see this as an issue because you can use the OEM hangar bushing by putting the chassis mounted prong through one of the middle holes and call it a day.I know thats not proper but the exhaust sits perfectly and doesn't wobble around and feels very secure.

Also yes! Costco has the best place for lighting in my area and is 3 minutes away.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
On my white GK, the HKS exhaust sits closer to the USDM bumper. No melting, but it does get soot on there. Nothing that a claybar can't clean up. With the sport trim bumper, you'd probably never notice that.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:55 AM
Yeah I wish mine was poking a little. the top of the exhaust is just barely exiting from under the car. I was even thinking about getting a JDM RS rear bumper and call it a day.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
can you share how you mounted/oriented the exhaust hanger?

I'm sure soon enough, another 2018+ sport owner is going to come around, and ask how its done

RISMO:
if the photos provided are really really good.... do you think its worthy of the K.I.S.S thread? this info could benefit those who are having exhaust fitment issues (2018+ sport owners at least)

Old 10-18-2019, 12:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
can you share how you mounted/oriented the exhaust hanger?

I'm sure soon enough, another 2018+ sport owner is going to come around, and ask how its done

RISMO:
if the photos provided are really really good.... do you think its worthy of the K.I.S.S thread? this info could benefit those who are having exhaust fitment issues (2018+ sport owners at least)
Like you said, I'm sure future sport owners would find the info valuable.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:03 PM
Yeah I can take some pics for sure! Give me a day and I can get them for you all!

Old 10-18-2019, 02:35 PM
I Return. During lunch I took some pictures for you all.The pictures maybe hard to understand due to the odd angle but I will do my best to explain.

Also because I am awesome I took a couple videos of the exhaust and put them on the Fit Freaks Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitf...eric&ref=notif

Picture 1: What you see here is the hangar on the passenger side and this goes on with ease and exactly like stock.

Picture 2: What you see here is the (USDM) Drivers side hangar. Normally stock would go straight across but the Spoon hangar goes back towards the rear bumper and this is why Sport owners are skeptical if it fits. However I have a solution. If you refer back to Picture 1 you will see there is a opening in the center and the upper hangar hole. So what you do for the other side is you put the upper hangar hole on the hangar attached to the car and you jimmy the spoon hangar in the center hole. The exhaust is very solid and does not shake so I know it is safe while I am driving. BTW when putting the axle back on it is cake, bolting it up is very easy and you can reuse the OEM bolts.

Picture 3: This is how it looks from the side it is pretty hidden.

Old 10-18-2019, 03:49 PM
5 Year Member
thank you for sharing Marco!

I quoted your post in the K.I.S.S thread, and commented in the fb group

Old 10-18-2019, 04:00 PM
Thank you! I appreciate it. I plan on buying most of the Spoon catalog for the GK5 so I will keep the forum updated as much as I can.

Old 10-18-2019, 04:08 PM
5 Year Member
I like where you're going with this!

IF .... you need another path thats equally as JDM as Spoon .... here's a GOOD collection:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...nds-parts.html

Old 10-18-2019, 04:29 PM
I have checked this before and my oh my there are a lot of goodies out there.

Old 10-18-2019, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
I actually dig the fact that the muffler hides like that. Bet it sounds so good in person.

Old 10-21-2019, 09:26 AM
It sounds amazing. Very deep and 0 rasp. I also like how it is hidden but when you look at it straight from the back you can see it shine.

Old 02-24-2020, 11:46 AM
B-Pipe!

I return!

Sorry for lack of updates but not much has happened except receiving the missing piece to the spoon axle back and that is the B-Pipe! After waiting almost 4 months it got here Spoon said they were busy with production of parts for the Type-R so I was put on hold for a little but they sent me a shirt and lanyard so that was well worth the wait. Time for Pics:

Always lovely to receive a spoon box everything is so well protected and very well packed. The exhaust was wrapped in super thick bubble wrap.

And in Spoon fashion all the nuts,bolts,gaskets were all wrapped in 1 bag but within the bag each product is individually separated which made it extremely easy to find everything. Also it came with Honda OEM seals 1x that goes on the down pipe too the header and the other goes where the axle-back and mid-pipe connect.

And here are the pics of the exhaust. everything was perfect and the quality was amazing! Can never go wrong with quality parts!

So I was able to install it and it went on perfectly no hiccups at all and everything lined up nicely. So if you're in the USA and don't mind paying extra for a quality mid-pipe this will Fit!

Sound:
It sounds amazing very very deep and 0 rasp and 0 drone I daily the fit and it is perfect for me. Paired with a spoon axle-back the exhaust pops very nicely quiet but very deep pops sounds really really good and is an added bonus.

Performance:
This time the butt dyno actually feels a difference and I took a few people for a ride along and they all could agree. Theres alot more performance over all and you can hear it revving out and you feel much more torque on top end and a little boost on low end but top end performance is where it shines. Also the exhaust diameter is 1.75 inches

I am very happy with this exhaust. It was expensive but in my opinion well worth it.

Here is a video I posted in the Facebook Fit Freaks Page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/fitf...action_generic

Last edited by MaRcOp01o; 02-24-2020 at 11:50 AM.
Old 06-09-2020, 10:43 AM
Welp I am back! Sorry for being MIA, thanks to the COVID craziness and me saving money not sure if id have a job or not, mods for all the cars were put on the back burner, but i am happy to say I am in full swing and mods are on the way!

We have 2 silly mods today something I find neat to have and 1 pretty helpful mod.

First up is an Air Freshener? Thats right, so another expensive hobby I enjoy is Mountain Biking. (I have a 2019 Specialized Stumpjumper for you fellow MTBers) and when you get in the car not only do you feel dead you smell dead so i found this little beauty its called the Treefrog. I received it last night and put it in my car and literally in minutes my car smelt fantastic (I think they wanted Black Ice so they call it Black Squash LOL) its a really relaxing scent smells sweet but not overbearing. I only advise opening it in increments to preserve it as much as possible. it includes a padded sticker and recommends you put it under the passenger seat and the sticker holds it in place. I purchased it from Art of Attack along with many goodies!

Link is attached if you're interested: https://art-of-attack.com/products/t...aef9b474&_ss=r

Next up to bat is something that I think I enjoy the most. Art of Attack is a dealer for Spoon and on there site was something I was very happy to see! An authentication sticker for my air filter displaying maintenance recommendations and other details about the filter. Pricey for a sticker to say the least but I enjoy knowing its genuine. Also happy to see it back in production because they stopped including the sticker and producing it a few years ago.

Link: https://art-of-attack.com/products/s...d8660479&_ss=r

I am so happy with how the engine bay is turning out! Subtle mods are the best.

Finally the useful part. All the way back in March I installed a Apexi Throttle controller. I was skeptical at first thinking it maybe a gimmick but reading a few threads on all sorts of cars this thing puts in work. For those who dont know what it is it controls how fast or even how slow you want to open the throttle 3 modes speed up throttle response incrementally faster and 3 do the opposite and 2 more that do some interesting things 1) is normal throttle and 2) is called Boost Mode, Boost mode is actually hilarious because when you stab the gas it feels like you're in 6th stabbing the gas from a standstill even though you're in 1st but the car slowly gets faster and then opens throttle completely making it feel like you're building boost. I am not exaggerating it is literally that and feels hilarious and each mode has a fancy color attached to it.

Install was super easy just be flexible and patient and the placement is very nice and OEM looking.

Link: https://www.vividracing.com/apexi-sm...152536274.html

Well that is today's update but another one is much sooner than later. New shoes are on the way and I think it'll be a good one!

Last edited by MaRcOp01o; 06-09-2020 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-11-2020, 09:55 AM
5 Year Member
I was skeptical about the throttle controller too until I tried it. Now my Fit even has one. Helps out when the A/C compressor is on.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:01 AM
That is true! it does help a lot with that.

Quick Reply: Spoon Fit