Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Random Issues - Need Answers

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 12:49 PM
Question Random Issues - Need Answers

Hi folks!
My 2007 Honda Fit is falling apart!

1. Driver side sun visor.
The clip broke. Bought a new one - installed it. But it was SO TIGHT - had to really work to get the sun visor in and out of the retainer clip.
Just from a visual stand point you can see these new clips that are supposedly compatible have a "bump" that the old ones do not have - thus the tight fit.
But I think - welp - they say compatible so it must be...
3 days in, the bead on the visor that sits in the clip broke. So do I get a new visor? Will I have the same issue - very tight fit, possibly breaking the bead again?
Or try to find a visor/retainer package, insuring the visor is a good fit with the retainer clip? oy

2. Radio is faltering.
Im not a huge audio-file, but I use the radio daily and sometimes CD player. Now I can't make out the numbers on the little screen, so I can't tell
what station I'm on visually, and I can't see the time. Also the volume knob sometimes throws the volume WAAAAAY up or down, it is not
consistently responding to the amount of turning on the knob. Need a replacement. Should I get a used 2007 radio - 130 bucks ish, or a different brand
for less?

3. Headlights are flickering at times - totally random it seems but have noticed at night on many occasions, the headlights seem to flicker.
What might this be? Hard to go to the mechanic with an issue that is inconsistent so they can't immediately see what i've seen. Please advise.