Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Picking up my new Fit today!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 10:33 AM
PSM
Picking up my new Fit today!

I'm pretty pumped. I signed the paperwork last Friday and am supposed to be picking it up at 2pm today!

2009 Fit Sport Blue Sensation Pearl automatic

I have convinced my ex, my parents, and my singer to all buy Honda Fits in the past few years and it's finally my turn to pick one up. Traded in my 1988 Firebird Formula for it through the Cash-For-Clunkers program and got $4,500 since I'm increasing my gas mileage by 10+ mpg (not bad considering the Formula is only worth about $500 in the shape it's in). To say I'm excited about upgrading from that Formula after three years is an understatement. It will be great to have a car that's in perfect shape, has air conditioning, gets 30-40 mpg, has a nice stereo, can Fit (no pun intended) more equipment than I'll ever bring to a show, has an exhaust that isn't falling off, doesn't need paint, and especially doesn't feel like the world is coming to an end every time you hit the slightest bump!

I play in a band so the Fit is perfect for me as my daily driver (I also have an 02 Z28 which is more of my show/race car). Fits all my equipment while still getting ridiculous gas mileage, which is awesome since we play all over New England, NY, etc. We also play in the cities quite a bit (NYC, Boston, etc), so the maneuverability with parking will be great. We can actually take both my singer's and my Fit to shows now, fit all of our equipment for the band in the two of them with two people in each car, and still get better gas mileage than our Van got.

I'll be posting pics as soon as I get a chance to take some! (shows tonight through Saturday, so I'll be busy)

Old 07-29-2009, 12:00 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
sounds good! sound exciting. yah, the FitS has been extremely flexible when carrying stuff so i have to say you made the right choice.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:06 PM
PSM
Yep, and I forgot to mention that this is my first NEW car purchase, so that has me pretty pumped, as well!

Old 07-29-2009, 02:30 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
nice. you'll luv the 'new car smell.' hahahahaha.