Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

AUDM '05 GD3 Jazz

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 12:25 AM
Red face AUDM '05 GD3 Jazz

Hi all, thought I'd finally make an introductory post after over a year of GD3 ownership and browsing the FitFreak pages.

I bought an early 2005 Nighthawk Black Pearl Jazz Vti secondhand in November 2013 with around 125,000 kms on the odo. My Jazz has the 1.5l VTEC engine and the 5sp transmission. This is my seventh car in 4 years and so far the only car I've held onto longer than 7 months. Was originally looking for an 01-05 Civic but settled on the Jazz after talking with a friend who owned one, I was blown away by the flexibility and the space inside.

This is the car a week or two after purchase just before and during a long roadtrip. My car isn't lowered, just has 5 passengers and all their luggage/alcohol inside. Ended up travelling alongside a friend and her '05 Vti-S which was nice to see how they compared.

To this day the car has had a lot of work done to it and is up to around 156,000kms. The following services and mods have been completed:

- Oil changes
- Valve Clearance adjustment
- Manual Transmission fluid change
- Air filter x 4 (taken off road too many times, clogging filter)

- ROSTRA Cruise Control Kit
- ROSTRA RF Cruise Control switch mounted on steering wheel
- 15" Alloys ($150 from wreckers, 195/55/R15 Hifly Tires)
- Pioneer Double Din Headunit Installed
- Fusion underseat subwoofer
- Alpine Splits in each door (8 speakers in total)
- Clear side turn signal housings
- Modified HVAC lighting (adjusted to come on when key in ON position)
- Ambient under dash lighting (color varies with Dome light and IGN ON)
- Custom LED third brake lamp
- 06-08 LED Tail Lights
- Custom carpet trunk mat
- Custom LED Turn Signals in headlights

Here is the car today, I don't have many pictures as my iPhone shat itself

I was planning to source a bodykit off a Vti-S and install it as well as working on the Sound Deadening/Proofing on the car but recent events have given my motivation to work on the good old GD3 a bit of a battering.

Family member has recently purchased a Holiday Home on the Yorke Peninsula meaning a lot more country driving, long high speed trips and dirt road work and the Jazz is starting to feel a little lacking for my needs. Really struggled on my most recent trip, I find the Jazz hard work to maintain on the 110kph straight roads to my Yorke Peninsula destination, the steering just requires constant work and the car seems to wander so easily. The noise levels are also insane.

I've previously owned two 92 AE92 Corollas, a 95 BG Mazda 323, a 94 KJ Ford Laser, a 94 BA Mazda Astina and a 92 CB7 Honda Accord. Long road trips in my previous cars were a breeze but the Jazz has really set me back a bit.

Currently trying to work out whether to upgrade to a GE for more high speed stability and ease of travel, possibly sell the Jazz and buy an RD1 CRV more suitable for my exploration desires or if there is just something wrong with my GD3. As much as I love the car, the lack of long distance travel comfort is reallly bothering me at the moment. I'd love to upgrade to a GE for the sake of comfort, safety and a newer vehicle but I'm not even sure the GE is that much better on the Australian Highways.

Any input from someone who has gone from a GD to a GE? I might have to post about this in another section of the Forum if anyone has a suggestion.

Last edited by almicop; 01-06-2015 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:34 AM
Just thought I'd make a quick mention of the Jazz's off road ability while I'm at it. The location where I took that last photo of the Jazz was at the end of a 2km long dirt and sand track with hills, humps, long grass, deep sand and tight gaps. The Jazz made it through with hardly a struggle but was left with a few scratches along the side from an unfortunate downward sloping sand slide. The ground clearance of the car was particularly handy!

Old 01-06-2015, 03:10 PM
Can not even see your photos.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:07 AM
Originally Posted by wslakersfan
Can not even see your photos.
Photos are working fine for me on my phone/computer and tablet, must just be you or your internet!