Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Newb with Mijiu

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 10:38 PM
Newb with Mijiu

Hello all, I am new to Honda as this will be my first outside of the American made vehicles. I am picking up my "new to me" 2008 Honda Fit Sport in a few days, has 33,000 on the clock, 1.5L Vtec, 5 speed manual and looks awesome. A few things I want to do is get the windows tinted for starters don't know what else more yet... I'm 49 so I'm not a Drifter or anything of that nature, just going on camping and fishing trips with my son and scout outings, may take a few road trips as well. Last owner said they went to Florida and back averaging 45mpg doing the speed limit and cruising, so I think I landed an awesome deal for $3000.
Look forward to learning more about these nifty little cars and hope it proves reliable as they say about foreign cars.

Attached Thumbnails Newb with Mijiu-img_3879.jpg  
Old 05-20-2017, 06:09 AM
5 Year Member
Welcome!

Welcome to the Forum. Looks like a sweet deal! Yay! another STICK driver!

Old 05-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by fittmann
Welcome to the Forum. Looks like a sweet deal! Yay! another STICK driver!
Yep, one reason I wanted it was it is a manual, It has been forever since Ive had a manual as they don't make trucks with them anymore. I also got tired of filling my truck daily ( sometimes Hourly ) as it only got 10mpg so I already know I'm going to love the fit as far as saving fuel.
I have read in some reviews on the fits that the manuals have issues with the rpm's dropping when shifting? I don't know if this is true or not but they say only the manuals and not the automatics have that issue due to the drive by wire ( none linkage pedal ) so I look forward to learning more about this neat little car, I talked to the shop and they said its ready just need to get the inspections done before I pick it up Monday!

The previous owners came out to find someone backed into the front of the car at a store lot Cracked the bumper and smooshed the hood, no major damage but had to be a truck, They decided to get a new car and the shop bought it from them ( I know the shop owner ) so they replaced the bumper and hood and repainted to match.

Old 05-21-2017, 06:04 AM
5 Year Member
Is there a clutch status switch on the manual, some of the drive by wire cars cut injection while the clutch is in... Unhooking it will probably disable the cruise control but... if I was doing some autocross It probably add a switch to disable it for playing around..

Old 05-21-2017, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
Is there a clutch status switch on the manual, some of the drive by wire cars cut injection while the clutch is in... Unhooking it will probably disable the cruise control but... if I was doing some autocross It probably add a switch to disable it for playing around..
Hmmm, any info on this anywhere? Id like to look into that.
From what I read on another forum ( I left there and found this forum because it was dead, no posts in over a week on anything ) But that's where I first read about the rpm being slow to come down when shifting.
This has been an awesome forum since joining.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by dwtaylorpdx
I did get around to crawling under the dash a bit, there is a switch mounted to a bracket (stop) for the clutch pedal, don't know exactly what it does, but I assume when you have cruise control on and clutch it, it cuts the cruise off same as the brake switch does as well as wont let the car turn over without the clutch depressed.