Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Helloo

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2017, 01:35 AM
Helloo

Hi, so recently I decided to take the plunge and look into getting a new car. I've been driving a 2000 mustang since I got a license (so like 10 years) and decided to go a more practical route for my next car. I was wondering if anyone has a 2017 fit and how they like it? I don't drive manual, so I was probably going to get the cvt. But yes I would love any and all advice from all you lovely fit experts.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:22 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i bought my wife a '16 cvt 2yrs ago which is basically the same as the '17 given that some were made in Japan? my wife likes the car, very versatile as the previous gen fits i had.

besides the window regulator problem on the driver door which the dealer replaced under warranty early on, the car has been very reliable and easy to maintain. easy on gas too.

Old 06-07-2017, 04:01 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I own a 2016 EX.
What do you want to know?
IMO, they are great vehicles.
But what it all comes down to, is what do you want from your vehicle.

I would say, the major thing to realize or know, is that The Fit is a subcompact. Therefore it has all the advantages and disadvantages of being a sub-compact.
IMO the design of The Fit, with the "Magic Seats" and flat load floor make it incredibly versatile for its size. BUT...it's still a sub-compact.

I personally LIKE a smaller car. Easier to park, maneuver, but if you are use to a baseline of a certain size?

My advice with whatever vehicle you may choose, is to go test drive them, go sit in them, go get a feel for the vehicle.
Don't let a dealership or salesman pressure you into making a decision that moment, or that day. But make sure you LIKE the vehicle you are considering.

I obviously think The Fit is a good choice, or I wouldn't own one.
But not knowing your priorities or what you are looking for, outside of being more practical than a 2000 Mustang (Which I think it would be)-my advice would be test drive, sit in, hands on experience.
And you may want to expand your choices, even if I do think Fit is a good one.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by fitchet
Well, I own a 2016 EX.
What do you want to know?
IMO, they are great vehicles.
But what it all comes down to, is what do you want from your vehicle.

I would say, the major thing to realize or know, is that The Fit is a subcompact. Therefore it has all the advantages and disadvantages of being a sub-compact.
IMO the design of The Fit, with the "Magic Seats" and flat load floor make it incredibly versatile for its size. BUT...it's still a sub-compact.

I personally LIKE a smaller car. Easier to park, maneuver, but if you are use to a baseline of a certain size?

My advice with whatever vehicle you may choose, is to go test drive them, go sit in them, go get a feel for the vehicle.
Don't let a dealership or salesman pressure you into making a decision that moment, or that day. But make sure you LIKE the vehicle you are considering.

I obviously think The Fit is a good choice, or I wouldn't own one.
But not knowing your priorities or what you are looking for, outside of being more practical than a 2000 Mustang (Which I think it would be)-my advice would be test drive, sit in, hands on experience.
And you may want to expand your choices, even if I do think Fit is a good one.
i actually really like the size, i have always had a preference to smaller cars. I haven't actually test driven one, but I've seen one up close as we went to see cars last month and I definitely enjoyed the size. My question was geared more towards maintenance and reliability.

Old 06-08-2017, 01:24 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by miss.lizziepop
i actually really like the size, i have always had a preference to smaller cars. I haven't actually test driven one, but I've seen one up close as we went to see cars last month and I definitely enjoyed the size. My question was geared more towards maintenance and reliability.
Well, you're talking about a new vehicle here.
I know the early Gen 3's, initially assembled at the Mexico Plant did seem to have a lot of early fit and finish problems.
The 2016's were assembled in Japan.

Otherwise? Well? If I have a new vehicle and start to experience a LOT of problems immediately? I'd probably just trade it in. I don't expect reliability problems or high maintenance bills in the first few years.

I had a 2010...for 3 years, and it was very reliable.
So far, my 2016 has been fine...but I would expect it to be.

If you are buying a new Honda...I think you should expect that reliability and maintenance will be good.