Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Socal slow lane driver

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 11:05 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
in those picts looks clean!

Old 09-17-2017, 11:11 PM
Because it's not JDM without the JDM red hazard button, or "just because"... I like it.

Also, found a scrap Start/Stop button on Ebay, so why not. I'll find a use for it later, maybe.

Before

After

Old 09-17-2017, 11:15 PM
I little interior red badging for the JDM look, or is it, "Type R" wanna be.

Before

After

Old 09-17-2017, 11:25 PM
Tried a new shift knob for size. Seemed a tad small, but I couldn't believe how much better the shifting felt after adding a weighted shift knob. I still need to pickup one of those adapter piece thingys that goes between the knob and boot.

(Appears much darker in person)

Before/Stock

After

Last edited by NiteFlight; 09-17-2017 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
in those picts looks clean!

Thanks. I tried to keep the same angles as stock. My first plan was to JB weld them in after cutting the bezel to fit the lights. But thought i would lose ability to make adjustments later if I wanted to. So I bought some aluminum flat bar from Home Depot, bent, shaped, and cut it to work with the trim piece.

I really like the the look of the LEDs. Gives the econobox a somewhat classy modern look, but makes the halogens look so outdated. Still kinda going back and forth between HID retrofits, or LED headlight and foglight bulbs. We'll see. The step up.....Oh Coplus+, why you gotta be so expensive...

Old 09-18-2017, 02:10 PM
5 Year Member
yah ur new LED's do work ur ride, GJ!

i also like your new interior accents.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:57 PM
Thanks bro! A few accents here and there and it'll be done.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by NiteFlight
All for not...A little too much poke. Tires rubbed at highway speeds on slight dips.
I'm running 1.5" drop D2 lowering springs with Koni's STR.T struts and I'll also rub at highway speeds, but only if it's a biggggg bump and only in the front. So far after about 2 months I've rubbed away most of the plastic wheel-well guard directly above the wheel - it's not rubbing on the actually metal lip of the wheel-well though. Maybe yours is similar? Call me crazy, but I'm willing to tolerate some rub for the sake of no wheel-gap

Wheel/tire info is in my sig FYI

Old 09-22-2017, 03:36 PM
I still rub once in awhile on certain spots at freeway speeds. I can't even claim the "lowlife" since i'm only at a minimal drop. Our situations are probably about the same, but looks like you can get away with a lot more aggressive setup than I.

Your car is looking good. Wheel rub, Part of the mod life.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:12 PM
5 Year Member
u can claim the no fat chicks car will rub status.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:15 PM
HaHa! yup, gotta save that 1.5hp.

Last edited by NiteFlight; 09-22-2017 at 04:53 PM. Reason: PCnes.....
Old 09-24-2017, 05:04 PM
What happens when you get the car looking almost like you want??

This...

Old 09-24-2017, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
yikes wakaba mark is better. haha

Old 09-24-2017, 05:34 PM
yikes wakaba mark is better. haha

Yes, got a wakaba sticker on the way but thought this was more appropriate in the meantime until the 16y.o. gets his license or at least maybe the first couple weeks.

New driver learning stick for the first time. It's gonna be awhile.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
is this car for your 16 yr old or is this ur car that's he's going to be using to practice on?

i saw they sell magnet stickers like that so was just wondering..

Old 09-24-2017, 07:22 PM
is this car for your 16 yr old or is this ur car that's he's going to be using to practice on?

i saw they sell magnet stickers like that so was just wondering..
This will be his car to use. He wasn't too enthusiastic about it being a hatchback. He's always admired American muscle V8s. Camaros and Mustangs. I told him when it's his payment and insurance, he can get what he wants.

I saw those magnets too. I'll put the wakaba sticker on the back window when I get it, or next to the license plate. Whichever looks better. Any idea where the "official" spot to put it is?

Old 09-24-2017, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
i see. yah, he should be happy he even gets a car from dad to use! plus hatches are great for carrying stuff to college, etc. i think you made a great choice and your thinking is right up my alley where kids can drive watever they want when they start earning their own real $.. and finding a place of their own.

here's a few picts where you're supposed to place the wakaba marks.

http://軽自動車専門ランキング.com/beginner-mark-position-1697/

Old 09-24-2017, 07:48 PM
i see. yah, he should be happy he even gets a car from dad to use! plus hatches are great for carrying stuff to college, etc. i think you made a great choice and your thinking is right up my alley where kids can drive watever they want when they start earning their own real $.. and finding a place of their own.

here's a few picts where you're supposed to place the wakaba marks.

http://軽自動車専門ランキング.com/beginner-mark-position-1697/

Thanks for the link.

Yah, This car hit most of my specs: value, price, maintenance, fuel efficiency, and insurance costs. Only thing lacking is POWA, and lack of mods to increase hp. But for new driver, in newer car it may be a good thing.

It's an econobox, an A-B car. Looks decent, good enough.

Old 09-25-2017, 12:11 AM
5 Year Member
sounds good.. yah, most definitely for a young driver, taking it slow in the beginning to gain experience is a good thing.

Old 10-20-2017, 07:10 AM
Originally Posted by NiteFlight
This will be his car to use. He wasn't too enthusiastic about it being a hatchback. He's always admired American muscle V8s. Camaros and Mustangs. I told him when it's his payment and insurance, he can get what he wants.

I saw those magnets too. I'll put the wakaba sticker on the back window when I get it, or next to the license plate. Whichever looks better. Any idea where the "official" spot to put it is?
The official spots are anywhere visible on the front of the car and on the back. Wakaba Leaf magnets/stickers are required by law to be worn for one year by new drivers during their first year. After 365 days have passed they may be removed. They signal to other driver's you're new behind the wheel so as to allow you more room for error and such. How our new driver stickers got turned into a Japanese Domestic Market icon is beyond me.

You can use them if you want but anyone from Japan is going to wonder why you are wearing them if you're not a new driver living here. Have a good day!

Quick Reply: Socal slow lane driver