Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Just bought a used Honda Fit

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 03:43 PM
Smile Just bought a used Honda Fit

Hi everyone I am new to this site. I just recently bought a used 2008 Honda Fit Sport base, and I noticed a few mirror things with it that were wrong and was wondering if it was common. I tried to have the dealership I purchased it from fix it, but since they weren't an actual Honda dealership, they said that they would "try" to fix it. First, the TPMS light is on and has been on for the past 1,500 miles. When I took it back to them they said "the tire pressures are fine and they don't see a light." I thought this was strange since the light has been on since I drove the car home the day I bought it.
The second thing was that my locking mechanism on the drivers door doesn't work, I have to manually push and pull the lock to lock and unlock it. The car also will not lock unless I lock the drivers door first, nor will it unlock unless I unlock it first. The button to unlock/lock inside of the car, unlocks/locks all of the other doors, but not the drivers door.
Lastly, just a side note, what type of windshield wipers should I look into. I read a few posts and got mixed signals. My current windshield wipers have a horrible squeak when turned on, and I would really like to get this handled before it starts raining more.
Thank you!

Old 11-21-2017, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
TPMS - there is supposed to be a sensor in each wheel and it needs to communicate with the ECM. First, check the valve stems to make sure all 4 are metal bodies coming out of the wheels. If not, you're missing the sensors. If all 4 sensors are present, take the car to a national tire chain to have them see if they can get them communicating with the ECM. If not, one or more might have a dead battery. Here's a good video that explains...

Honda Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Battery Information | College Hills Honda Blog

Door lock - Probably needs a new door lock actuator, but probably worth taking the door panel off and looking around. I believe there was a recall for water intrusion into the drivers door. Should check with NHTSA to make sure the recall was performed.

Wipers - Any quality wiper will work. Just don't buy the $2 wiper blade if you want it to last long.