Driver's side door lock problem - Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:25 PM

Driver's side door lock problem

I have a 2009 Fit Sport that just went out of warranty. Of course. If I try to lock or unlock the car using the key fob, you can hear things moving and the lights flash, but the driver's door will not lock or unlock. And since it won't, the other doors won't. Using the key manually works fine, and turning it right twice still unlocks all doors. Using the power lock button inside successfully locks and unlocks the other doors, but the driver's side door lock must be pushed to lock it once inside the car. If you don't lock it, it will sound like it's trying to automatically lock if you start driving, but never succeeds unless you do it yourself.

In other words, it's like my first car, which would be fine, but since the passenger side door has no outside key access, it's a bit of a pain. Anyone had this and know a fix or know how much Honda's going to try and charge?

Thanks!