Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted. FAQs will also be answered here.

Hi from Seattle and flywheel question

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 12:51 PM
Hi from Seattle and flywheel question

Hello from the Seattle area. I recently picked up an 07 fit to save on gas and have some room for the dogs. Neat little car, unfortunately the seller wasn't a very honest chap. Long story short it needed a new gearbox and I am in the process of swapping it out. Getting ready to put it back together but want to make sure the flywheel is in good shape. I did a search around here and on the googles but could find a picture of a stock used flywheel. My issue is that the flywheel clutch mating surface is slightly lower than the rest of the flywheel. I am not new to this process but have never seen a flywheel quite like this and just want to be sure it is not just really worn out.

This look right to you guys or should I grab another one?

Old 12-26-2018, 11:46 PM
Yes, the Honda fit flywheel is like that. the mating surface for the flywheel is slightly recessed from the surface for the pressure plate. I've done 2 clutches on 2007 Fits and they are both this way. Since my flywheel didn't have any gouges or burnt hotspots, i didn't even get my flywheel resurfaced at a machine shop, just lightly sanded it down with a palm sander and 100 grit and no issues since.