Fit I.C.E. Threads discussing in-car electronics including audio, video, security, and navigation systems for the Honda Fit/Jazz

Bluetooth adapter for my new Fit Sport 2013

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Question Bluetooth adapter for my new Fit Sport 2013

Hi,
I'm not sure if this is the best place in the forum for this topic but I figured if it wasn't someone helpful would point me to the proper place....

I'm looking to add on an adapter for bluetooth for my brand new 2013 Fit Sport (non nav).
- I want an adapter that can integrate into my dash area and not be hanging off of anything.
- Bonus if it can use a steering wheel button (I've deemed the cruise control cancel button worthy of this honor)
- I want to be able to stream my music and make phone calls through the Fit's speakers and a microphone (not the phone's microphone)

I've been looking around the forum for threads and found a few:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ck-stereo.html

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...rot-unika.html

The main contender that I've seen so far is the iSimple inSeam (integrates into the steering wheel button):
InSeam

Also from iSimple is the Tranzit Blu HF (small button added to radio/dash area):
https://www.isimplesolutions.com/product.aspx?zpid=560

My coworker used to work for them and recommended these two and they look fine from the research I've done.

I'm a bit car stupid (I hate to admit it but it's true) so I've been getting advice from people who seem knowledgeable around me and online (yay for forums!). I asked the same coworker what an average hourly charge for labor would be and he said about $75. Is this about right? I know more advanced tinkerers can install some of these after market items but that's not me and I totally admit to that.

I've also seen the BT35-Hon mentioned a few times but it looks like it has to be plugged into the AUX hole and it doesn't have a microphone so it doesn't look like a good solution for me.

I called a few local car audio/after market places and one of them mentioned the Parrot CK3100 but it has that display that chills out on the dash (not a complete killer for me but it's kinda ugly) and it doesn't seem to be able to display song names at all. Seeing who is calling me is not the biggest issue for me.

I'm not looking to get a new in dash radio receiver right now (yes, I know for a bit more I can get a new one with the bells and whistles).

Thanks for the help,
Dawn

PS: For anyone interested in a FM transmitter I currently have this and it works pretty well considering I got it for $40 and it can charge my phone, has an aux line in and came with extra cables - GoGroove Flexsmart X2 - GOgroove FlexSMART X2