Fit Interior Modifications Discussion area for interior modifications including seats, steering wheels, upholstery and gauges

Pictures of 09 Sport stereo wires and cables

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 09:44 PM
Pictures of 09 Sport stereo wires and cables

Okay, so we had some time today to remove the center panel and take a look at the wiring. I took pics of what is back there. First off, the whole center panel is pretty much held completely down by one frickin screw. If you go here http://www.collegehillshonda.com/ins...usbadapter.pdf there are instruction on how to remove the panel. You don't need to remove the lower glove box per page 2, instruction 4. You will need to remove the under cover and pull the glove box out from the stoppers by pressing on the sides to release it. That will help you to locate the single screw.

On page 3, instruction 7/8, they mention this screw. If you don't remove it, your center panel is not going to come out without breaking it. It took us nearly 10 minutes to find it! It's going to be nearly 6 inches up from the hole in the vent level plastic. Also, that screw will be VERY tight. I have a nice, pretty bruise on my left hand from the screwdriver. I had to go and get another one with a larger handle for better torque.

Once that screw was removed, taking the panel out was a cinch. The tools we picked up from this place made it extremely simple! (Thank you Kenchan from another thread for that link! Thankfully they had a location near us.)

And now for the pics! This first one is what everyone is asking about. It's the wiring harness. I took the pic with my cell, so we could go around and see if anyone had anything that resembled it. No luck and I'm not cutting or splicing into my wires, because I want to keep it all together. The cable you see behind it up top is what the USB cable looks like.

This next pic is the back of the stereo. I have put labels on everything to help some people out.

And lastly, all the cables that plug into the stereo and the center panel. I have put labels on them to make it easy to figure it out.

Last edited by Inmyrem; 10-26-2008 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:51 PM
On a side note, this place seems to have a wire harness kit for the 2009 Honda Fit Sport. It's frickin $60 though.

Old 10-26-2008, 12:55 AM
Contacted them and was informed that wiring harness is strictly to use for their bluetooth adapter kits, not an aftermarket stereo. Bummer.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:55 PM
it can be used for a stereo. it gives you VW plugs at the other end which parrot uses. Metra should be releasing their kits within the week.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Just got of the phone with Metra's sales division. The part number for the wiring harness is 70-1729 and can be seen here. He said they are having difficulty setting up a dash kit for it and are not expecting to have one for a few months.

Also spoke to Scosche's sales division and was informed they are also having difficulty with the dash kit as well as wiring harness. He had a projected sales sheet in front of him with end of Nov, early Dec for a dash installation kit. Their part number is HA1708B. Their antenna adapter part number is HAAB.

So, part numbers are as follows to make things much easier for people:

Metra
Wiring harness - 70-1729
Antenna adapter - 40-HD10
Dash kit - no definite part number; looks like Metra's dash kit 99-7873 may work, but I'm not certain.

Scosche
Wiring harness - no number yet, but possibly HA11B
Antenna adapter - HAAB
Dash kit - HA1708B - end of Nov, early Dec

Update: Found a generic kit from Metra, number 99-7898 that I've determined I can use for now until a better kit comes along. I'm in the process of installing it now with an older stereo (didn't want to scratch up the new one for test purposes) and will post pics in a bit.

Last edited by Inmyrem; 10-28-2008 at 12:32 AM.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:09 PM
So for the time being just buy the dash kit from honda for a fit with Navigation. and a honda pocket.

Old 10-27-2008, 04:17 PM
We have the center panel. Just need to be able to put our aftermarket radios into the dash. We have the wiring harnesses and the antenna adapters on the way. Those should be here in two days. Now we just need a way to hold the radio in place. I'm pretty sure that 99-7873 Metra CR-V part will do the trick, minus the panel. Going out to see if I can find it nearby.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Inmyrem
Update: Found a generic kit from Metra, number 99-7898 that I've determined I can use for now until a better kit comes along. I'm in the process of installing it now with an older stereo (didn't want to scratch up the new one for test purposes) and will post pics in a bit.
I hope this helps some people to determine if they want to use this kit temporarily or even permanently.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:22 PM
Great info, I was also taking out my dash today. I used a 8mm ratchet with extension to get at that screw. My problem was that I did not have the little plastic tools, so I used a short wide flathead screwdriver...and patience.

My '09 Fit Sport is with Navi, so there are a lot more wires. Here are 3 bad photos taken with my phone. I did not disconnect the wires, so I kinda had to take the photos from odd angles.

I am not looking to replace my head unit, but I do want to replace the factory speakers, add a couple of amps and 2 8" subs. So if anyone finds a wiring diagram...

Old 10-30-2008, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
Any pics of your completed installation? Are you happy with the final result or are you going to make some changes?

Originally Posted by Inmyrem
Just got of the phone with Metra's sales division. The part number for the wiring harness is 70-1729 and can be seen here. He said they are having difficulty setting up a dash kit for it and are not expecting to have one for a few months.

Also spoke to Scosche's sales division and was informed they are also having difficulty with the dash kit as well as wiring harness. He had a projected sales sheet in front of him with end of Nov, early Dec for a dash installation kit. Their part number is HA1708B. Their antenna adapter part number is HAAB.

So, part numbers are as follows to make things much easier for people:

Metra
Wiring harness - 70-1729
Antenna adapter - 40-HD10
Dash kit - no definite part number; looks like Metra's dash kit 99-7873 may work, but I'm not certain.

Scosche
Wiring harness - no number yet, but possibly HA11B
Antenna adapter - HAAB
Dash kit - HA1708B - end of Nov, early Dec

Old 10-30-2008, 06:04 AM
Originally Posted by aenokea
Any pics of your completed installation? Are you happy with the final result or are you going to make some changes?
The installs will basically look like the pic above with different radios. To be honest, that generic kit is pretty generic. It does what it needs to do though. The faceplate surround looks plain and will work as a temporary filler until we can get our hands on something nicer. We're just happy we'll be able to use our own radios again. She wants her whole satellite radio back instead of having to use the portable piece and plug it into the AUX port.