Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Should I buy this LED TAILLIGHTS?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Should I buy this LED TAILLIGHTS?

On ebay they sale these LED taillights for the honda fit... priced at $72.00 how is this different from the other ones like the N1 concept ones. heres the link, please help... im looking to purchase one ASAP. on ebay there is so much of price difference on them any imput?
eBay Motors: 06 07 08 HONDA FIT EURO RED SMOKE LED TAILLIGHTS LAMPS (item 110165855569 end time Sep-07-07 10:36:53 PDT)

Old 09-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
**** ebay .

Old 09-07-2007, 06:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by YazzFlute
**** ebay .
For 70$ thats a nice deal!

Old 09-07-2007, 06:37 PM
its ebay, but im sure lots of vedors have the same quality right? well just wanted your guys imput, is this good but or what? or should I get the one from N1 concept for $100. I just dont want to spend more money for the same quality or the same thing. Thanks

Old 09-07-2007, 06:45 PM
it's ebay. how do you know the quality? i would spend the extra money for a proven product and proven seller. you know what you are buying and are able to see how it looks on the car.

Old 09-07-2007, 08:56 PM
DO IT!
Robear Racing. RED/SMOKED JDM STYLE LED TAILLAMPS: FIT 07-UP

my $0.02
do ebay if you have to, but sop a lill too. robear is leget.

Last edited by freaky fit; 09-07-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:46 AM
5 Year Member
This is based of my personal experience. There are currently two manufacturers of these LED taillights besides the OEM (harness doesn't work without modification). The cheaper ones that you showed are probably made from Korea/China and the Depo ones such as the link the other guy posted or the ones on Autodynamic.com are made in Taiwan.

Upon initial inspection there isn't a difference because they are both copied from OEM. Both sets work, function and look the same. The Depo version is roughly $20 more. So why is there a difference in price?

Well the reason why the Depo version is $20 more is because the cost of the Depo ones is roughly $90 (admitted by the manager at Autodynamic) compared to $60-70 (my best guess) for the non-Depo version. I was thinking that the initial cost of the Depo ones are just higher and the cost is passed on to us for the same tail light. But here is the catch of why the Depo tail lights are more expensive, but not by that much.

The difference in cost is the type of plastic that is used in making the tail light. The manager of Autodynamic told me that Depo makes their tail lights using plastic that has not been recycled (can't be justified). The maker of the other cheaper (in cost) tail light uses recycled plastic. Save money on identical products and be environmentally friendly. Sounds great right? Depends on how you look at it. The manager said that the other company uses recycled plastic but he said that the plastic could have came from anywhere? He says at least Depo uses plastic coming from a better quality or source. How is that possible? Can he possibly tell where the plastic came from?

He said that he has a sample of the non-Depo tail light and unlike the typical plastic smell of OEM and Depo tail lights, the non-Depo plastic smells different and horrible (in my opinion) because the plastic is recycled plastic. The smell is comparable to the difference in real and fake leather. But in terms of plastic it doesn't make a difference in how it works. Fake leather doesn't last as long, but recycled plastic will last just as long as regular plastic.

So the bottom line is this. Both tail lights, Depo and non Depo work, look and function the same, however the difference is in the smell of the plastic and the price. The difference in price is due to the cost of the tail light to the sellers, which probably is the result of higher production cost of using non recycled plastic at the manufacturers level. As always shop around and ask yourself what is the most important? Is it the cost, convenience, or the quality of customer service?

I've bought from Albert from N1 Concepts and while it didn't work out the way I would have hoped for, I think it is my Fit and not the product. Albert had patience to try everything to make me happy and had a great sense of customer service. I would highly recommend buying from Albert at N1 Concepts.

Last edited by GeniuneFit; 09-08-2007 at 03:00 PM.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:35 PM
5 Year Member
I got mine from N1 and they were top notch. Their cust service was EXCELLENT. I'm very happy with the part quality and look. That was just my experience with the whole LED tail thing. I looked on Ebay, but I was concerned with condensation getting in the cheaper lights. i dont like having fish bowl tails lol

Old 09-08-2007, 03:53 PM
5 Year Member
id get them from n1. cuz theyre just $20 more anyways??? those on ebay are $100

Old 10-25-2007, 06:48 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GeniuneFit
This is based of my personal experience. There are currently two manufacturers of these LED taillights besides the OEM (harness doesn't work without modification). The cheaper ones that you showed are probably made from Korea/China and the Depo ones such as the link the other guy posted or the ones on Autodynamic.com are made in Taiwan.

Upon initial inspection there isn't a difference because they are both copied from OEM. Both sets work, function and look the same. The Depo version is roughly $20 more. So why is there a difference in price?

Well the reason why the Depo version is $20 more is because the cost of the Depo ones is roughly $90 (admitted by the manager at Autodynamic) compared to $60-70 (my best guess) for the non-Depo version. I was thinking that the initial cost of the Depo ones are just higher and the cost is passed on to us for the same tail light. But here is the catch of why the Depo tail lights are more expensive, but not by that much.

The difference in cost is the type of plastic that is used in making the tail light. The manager of Autodynamic told me that Depo makes their tail lights using plastic that has not been recycled (can't be justified). The maker of the other cheaper (in cost) tail light uses recycled plastic. Save money on identical products and be environmentally friendly. Sounds great right? Depends on how you look at it. The manager said that the other company uses recycled plastic but he said that the plastic could have came from anywhere? He says at least Depo uses plastic coming from a better quality or source. How is that possible? Can he possibly tell where the plastic came from?

He said that he has a sample of the non-Depo tail light and unlike the typical plastic smell of OEM and Depo tail lights, the non-Depo plastic smells different and horrible (in my opinion) because the plastic is recycled plastic. The smell is comparable to the difference in real and fake leather. But in terms of plastic it doesn't make a difference in how it works. Fake leather doesn't last as long, but recycled plastic will last just as long as regular plastic.

So the bottom line is this. Both tail lights, Depo and non Depo work, look and function the same, however the difference is in the smell of the plastic and the price. The difference in price is due to the cost of the tail light to the sellers, which probably is the result of higher production cost of using non recycled plastic at the manufacturers level. As always shop around and ask yourself what is the most important? Is it the cost, convenience, or the quality of customer service?

I've bought from Albert from N1 Concepts and while it didn't work out the way I would have hoped for, I think it is my Fit and not the product. Albert had patience to try everything to make me happy and had a great sense of customer service. I would highly recommend buying from Albert at N1 Concepts.
what did you mean by the oem harness will not work without modification

Old 10-25-2007, 08:18 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
you have to extend the wiring harness so the plugs will reach

no big deal....just an extra 30 mins of work
there should be a DIY for it on the N1 website.

but the end result is outstanding

Thumbs up to N1 Concepts!

-Ricky

Old 10-25-2007, 08:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GD3-Fit
you have to extend the wiring harness so the plugs will reach

no big deal....just an extra 30 mins of work
there should be a DIY for it on the N1 website.

but the end result is outstanding

Thumbs up to N1 Concepts!

-Ricky
oh that, yeah I did hear about that, I also heard you dont have to cut and extend the wires, you can just pull the clips on the wires loose for an extra few inches of length.