Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

DIY: HID Retrofit with FX35 Projectors

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 03:03 AM
5 Year Member
wow! very nice job, clean!! make more of dat and sell it to me!!

Old 12-11-2007, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by smeister
I am actually running an OEM HID kit from the fx35 and I bought the wiring harness online for a bi-xenon setup (but it does not work properly yet) so my bulbs are D2S.
So really, my only questions after reading the entire DIY (great job by the way, a few grammatical errors but nothing that would stop me from completing this. Its really THOROUGH) is :

1. Is there a difference between bi-xenon and d2s bulbs? I thought it was the same bulb, but on a motorized thing that flips it up

2. Why did you choose this projectors over the S2000 or the TSX? was it just the Bi-Xenon part that you liked?

3. Are there any mods for this projectors for color modding? EDIT: NVM: HiDPlanet.com :: Log in and HiDPlanet.com :: Log in

4. Well this isn't really a question but PLEASE do let us know when you figure out how to do the Bi-Xenon wiring.

Last edited by abcsr2ez4me; 12-11-2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:40 PM
5 Year Member
1. Is there a difference between bi-xenon and d2s bulbs? I thought it was the same bulb, but on a motorized thing that flips it up

I always thought D2S bulbs only fit in Bi-Xenon projectors, but I am no HID guru.

2. Why did you choose this projectors over the S2000 or the TSX? was it just the Bi-Xenon part that you liked?

I wanted to retain the high beams. I think some states require them. They are also more affordable and have great output. I chose the clear lens for the sharp cutoff.

3. Are there any mods for this projectors for color modding? EDIT: NVM: HiDPlanet.com :: Log in and HiDPlanet.com :: Log in

You can definitely color mod the FX35 projectors. I believe people have messed with shield and also swapped different lenses on it such as TSX lens.

4. Well this isn't really a question but PLEASE do let us know when you figure out how to do the Bi-Xenon wiring.

Yeah, right now with Christmas coming up I won't have any time to look at the wiring. It might be easier for me just to buy another set of wiring and test it. I'll keep you all informed once I do get it fixed.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by azkikersfit
wow! very nice job, clean!! make more of dat and sell it to me!!
Thanks...I am working on it!

Old 12-12-2007, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
I did some research and I have decided to make my own bi-xenon wiring harness since there are people charging way too much for them online. It will also make the whole retrofit process easier for everyone to wire into their car and have the high beams work properly. It is going to take me some time to get this done, but I'll keep you all posted.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:36 PM
5 Year Member
I did some research and I have decided to make my own bi-xenon wiring harness since there are people charging way too much for them online. It will also make the whole retrofit process easier for everyone to wire into their car and have the high beams work properly. It is going to take me some time to get this done, but I'll keep you all posted.
You are an inspiration to all of us. Keep it up!

Old 12-16-2007, 07:00 PM
Are you already offering services for your HID retrofit service? And if so, what would the cost break down be. I'm interested in the exact same setup you have.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
This is great work, are the wiring harness ready?? Do you have a set ready to sell?

Old 01-10-2008, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
I could have a set ready for sale. I am just waiting for a buyer before I make them.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:03 AM
5 Year Member
I could have a set ready for sale. I am just waiting for a buyer before I make them.
How much are the gonna cost??? If I feel ambitious one day, I want to be ready...

Old 01-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Can you PM me the price for the wiring harness. I'm basically interested in an entire setup (HID retrofit + wiring harness) that I can plug and play.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:55 PM
5 Year Member
I will most likely be ordering parts to do the wiring harness this weekend. I'll keep you all updated. I want to test it first before I make them to ensure that it works properly.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:24 AM
5 Year Member
Good news! I have the high beams working...weeeeeeee.

I ended up buying a harness to test it out and it worked. Now I don't have to make them anymore and people can buy directly from this person. PM me for this person's info (this is my first time doing business with him, but the quality of the harness was pretty good). I also think this harness was meant to be used with a plug and play HID kit since it has connectors that look like they are made to fit the plug and play ballasts. You would still need to make the connector for the projector's shields though for the high beams.

Sorry for the low quality pics from my phone.

Low beam on the street.

Last edited by smeister; 01-25-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:38 AM
i pm'd you smeister. im loving the kit. awesome mod and done very nicely.

Old 01-20-2008, 05:12 AM
5 Year Member
So where did you put the high beam wires in?

Old 01-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Not to hi-jack, but if anyone wants to build one themselves, here is the wiring diagram. I built mine according to this and high beam functionality is as it should be.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks decoder for putting that up. Maybe you can write a DIY for the harness?

Old 01-21-2008, 12:27 AM
Well, I have a few pictures of the beginning harness wiring.....it would not be complete without all the pictures. Since its already installed, I'm not sure that it would be beneficial. Pictures are worth so much these days. I'll check the ones I have tomorrow and see if I can come up with a write-up.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Cool man. For the people who don't want to make their own, I have some harness ready made for sale now too.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
Hey smeister, pls PM me for the price of the wiring harness for the highbeam to work properly...

Quick Reply: DIY: HID Retrofit with FX35 Projectors