Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

to those with 'pearlescent' looking headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:52 AM
to those with 'pearlescent' looking headlights

I have no idea how else to describe it.

I saw a picture on this forum of a Black Fit with yellow fogs, and his/her headlights looked pearlescent / rainbow-ish like. Mostly up top and on the side, where the turn signals would be. The turn signals were not on in the picture, so I guess the effect was coming from the bulb itself. Kinda reminded me of how the Silverstar bulbs look purple-ish unlit, and yellow when lit.

Could be a dumb question, could have been camera effects, who knows.... I am a Fit n00b and would like to obtain this look. I believe the bulb is 7440 up there according to the sticky - I want to go buy some non-yellow bulbs at some-point.

Thanks!
[goes to search for that pic again]

Old 12-15-2007, 11:00 AM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
it is the headlight itself

Old 12-15-2007, 11:02 AM
ok gotcha.... I have not had my Fit long or taken any pictures of it. I just have not seen it in mine yet, maybe it helps with the black headlights.

Old 12-15-2007, 11:11 AM
well what I am looking for are bulbs that perform well, but also make the headlights look very cool during the day when the lights are off. For instance, I would think a blue-looking bulb would look good on my SSM when the lights are off.
Hope that makes sense. I just want to make my headlight housings looking cool while the lights are off.

Thanks.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:33 AM
5 Year Member
the pics were taken with a polarized lens. if you ever have polarized sunglasses, take a look at em. some minivans, the windshield is polarised aswell. most headlights are polarized these days, and if you look at something else polarized, through a polarized lens, you will see that rainbow effect.

EDIT: some bulbs have a polarized lens aswell, and when you turn them on, you can see the "rainbow" with the naked eye. i had these on my zx2, and although they were too blue for everyday use, they did look cool

Last edited by Lyshk0; 12-18-2007 at 03:37 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally Posted by Lyshk0
the pics were taken with a polarized lens. if you ever have polarized sunglasses, take a look at em. some minivans, the windshield is polarised aswell. most headlights are polarized these days, and if you look at something else polarized, through a polarized lens, you will see that rainbow effect.

EDIT: some bulbs have a polarized lens aswell, and when you turn them on, you can see the "rainbow" with the naked eye. i had these on my zx2, and although they were too blue for everyday use, they did look cool
cool thanks!
I ran silverstars in my blinkers on my old car and I loved the look during the day. You can kinda tell in the pics here:
March 18th, 2007 Gallery
I took out my orange reflectors too, which helped with the look.