Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

whats the deal w/n1's (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 08:02 AM
I have my JDM LED knock-off's wired the same. Reverse lights up top and flashers at the bottom. Makes the reverse lights actually functional as they light up EVERYTHING behind you.

However, I don't have any of the problems (aside from the bulb-connector not fitting in the housings properly) mentioned above. The LED's light up in the same intensity on both sides, all the lenses are the same color. I guess I must of lucked out?

Old 02-13-2008, 09:52 AM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
Thanks! I knew I couldn't be the only one with the blinkers down and rev up! But I can see if the plastic was from a different batch and was slightly off. But this is an entirely different part it seems. It doesn't even look like theer is something missing. Because there is no place for it maybe I got like gen 1 for left and gen 2 on right??

Do you guys think an inline resistor would help the brakes being different? Like the ones you get to stop the blinkers from going fast-if you get led blinkers ?

Old 02-13-2008, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
If you're happy the way the bulbs fit in perfectly right now and having your blinkers where the reverse light is then just leave it alone.

For the redder tinted lens on your passenger side, in your pics, do your blinkers not blink orange through that, though slightly dimmer? If what you said is true, that putting your reverse light down there would make the reverse light red, then would your blinker not blink red as well?

Anyways, like koolkevin1107 said, since you're unhappy with the tails, talk to N1 and see if they could fix it for you and send a new set or something.

Old 02-13-2008, 10:26 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Hmm, like illusive said you get what you pay for.
I had to trim the socket holes a little bit with a box cutter
to get the bulbs to screw in until they were locked in.
And with the exception of extending the wires, i've had no problems

Old 02-13-2008, 11:38 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
dam that sux man. thats y i'm just gonna smoke my oem tails, i dont wanna pay 450 bucks for good lights, and i dont want to deal with the problems you get with cheap lights. overall, they still look good tho! best of luck... can't wait to ride up to CT for the next meet

Old 02-13-2008, 01:12 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
Taking a pic of the blinker on isn't the easiest thing to do lol
The blinker on the pass side is pure red, with the amber bulb in it. So it'll still be red with a white reverse bulb.

What kind of taillight did they send me? That's what I wanna know lol

Old 02-13-2008, 01:44 PM
contact n1, period. and we all know that you like the way you locate ur bulbs...so ya.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:05 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
What's that supposed to mean?

Originally Posted by fitinfit
contact n1, period. and we all know that you like the way you locate ur bulbs...so ya.

I'm waiting to hear back
My main concern was the lens color- regardless of what was behind it and
Also the different intensities of the brake lights I don't care what goes where! I just put them where they fit in.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:52 PM
it has to do with your faulty wiring...it seems the driver side's LEDs are under brake lights...passenger side is just the normal parking light

Old 02-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by George02
you got your blinker in the wrong spot buddy, they dont fit cuz its suppose to fit "jdm" bulbs/harness. the spot you have the blinkers at are for the reverse lights. blinkers go on top
I have mine the "wrong" way with the blinker on bottom and it looks much better IMO.

Tyler

Old 02-13-2008, 07:33 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Combo
it has to do with your faulty wiring...it seems the driver side's LEDs are under brake lights...passenger side is just the normal parking light
im not getting that.. sorry i just cant figure out the wording in the second part.. under what?>
and MY faulty wiring? wtf?

both brake lights work, they just arent as bright, but both do get brighter for brake,
actually today on my way home i was thinking most people prolly think i have rear fogs or something so in the mean time its not that big of a problem...

Old 03-01-2008, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
Ahh crap!
One of my N1's led taillight is only about half as bright as than the other side.
Why don't the manufacturer QC these better before shipping them. How hard can it be to plug it in and see if the lights are the same intensity.
Well, hope N1 will exchange it and send me a good set.

Old 03-01-2008, 09:25 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
what color are your lenses?
and how long did it take n1 to charge your card? (like after you placed the order how many days did it take to show up?)-- you dont have to answer the last one if you dont want its kinda personal maybe?

Old 03-01-2008, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by billmus86
what color are your lenses?
and how long did it take n1 to charge your card? (like after you placed the order how many days did it take to show up?)-- you dont have to answer the last one if you dont want its kinda personal maybe?
Smoked lens. Not sure when they charged my card, but I got the taillight 8 days later after ordering them online.

Did you resolve your issue with the led intensity with N1 concepts yet?

Old 03-01-2008, 10:46 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
but they did charge you?

I should have said what color are the lower lenses? Both the same ?? Still trying to figure out what color they are supposed to be.

I have contacted them but no word back. Little confused on the subject.

Last edited by billmus86; 03-14-2008 at 08:07 AM. Reason: finally charged
Old 03-02-2008, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by billmus86
but they did charge you? Shhh but I'm still waiting to be charged....

I should have said what color are the lower lenses? Both the same ?? Still trying to figure out what color they are supposed to be.

I have contacted them but no word back. Little confused on the subject.
Yes, both lower lenses are identical color on mine (slight pinkish hue).

Old 03-02-2008, 02:30 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
ive had the n1 tails and jdm tails. my n1 led's were the same way. one was brighter than the other and it wasnt my wiring job. it is a made in china led board and they are crap. i ended up throwing my n1 tails in the garbage because i didnt want to sell them and subject someone else to such a sh*tty part. oh and im sure this has been cleared in this thread but the blinkers are on the top and the reverse is on the bottom. the jdm tails i got came with the jdm bulb holder for the reverse light but the male piece on the wiring harness is originally wired to the bottom brake light. so there is alot of wiring to do with the jdm lights but it is deff worth the extra effort and money. i wouldnt recommend the n1 tails to anyone. just stick with the usdm ones. japanese people put usdm lights on their jdm fits.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:02 AM
5 Year Member
Because and i wanted to buy these taillights from N1,can you tell me any other store where i can buy these??

Old 03-02-2008, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jazzman
Because and i wanted to buy these taillights from N1,can you tell me any other store where i can buy these??
These are more expensive than the N1 tails ($220 vs. $100), but still hella cheaper than the OEM LED tails!

06-07 Honda Fit/Jazz Red and Clear LED Tail Lights :: TAILIGHTS :: LIGHTING :: EXTERIOR :: weksos industries

06-07 Honda Fit/Jazz Smoked LED Tail Lights :: TAILIGHTS :: LIGHTING :: EXTERIOR :: weksos industries

Old 03-02-2008, 01:44 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I have the JHP tails. Never had a lighting problem. They look great.
Only thing I dont get is random spots on the cover is cracking? I dont know if its heat or stress, maybe both?

Its not something you can notice, but I do.

As for the signal/reverse locations. Id switch it around. Notice the tops of the signals can be seen from the sides of the car? The reason for this is so you can be seen getting over while being almost parallel with the car next to you.

Quick Reply: whats the deal w/n1's (pics)