Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

whats the deal w/n1's (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 03:56 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
whats the deal w/n1's (pics)

are they supposed to be this way?
two different color blinkers,
and different brightnesses?

this was taken when it was pretty bright and cloudy outside so the lighting is soft so it makes it a bit harder to tell. but the left is brighter...

here what the blinkers look like- the hazards are on so the lights should (?) be the same

heres the left and right close ups of the blinkers

see the diff? the left one has "ridges" going across, and is pinkish
and the right one (looking at the pictures) is just clear red

- --- is this the JDM way of doing things? i never noticed any other lights look like this?
would an inline load resistor even out the brightness? you know the ones they sell to make the hyper blinker stop- when you swap to leds, or have a burned out bulb?

thanks- i know ther have been posts and posts on these subjects but nothing as put together as this one (will be)

Old 02-12-2008, 04:16 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
u get what u pay for. Alot of problems with N1 lights it seems.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:18 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
well my concern is if they are supposed to be different colors?
it seems a bit odd they would be just shitty and that different...

Old 02-12-2008, 04:46 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
mine were not different on my old lights.

Old 02-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Retired Moderator
Yupp you get what you pay for.
100$ vs 400$. Of course the 100$ lights are going to suck compared to the 400$ lights. There are good sets and there are bad sets. I was lucky and my set is pretty much perfect.

Tyler

Old 02-12-2008, 05:00 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
ok so they are cheap compared to "real" but i have bought led tails/ and regular tails for other cars b4, and never had any problems, i guess i was taking it for granted, im getting in touch with them and seeing what can be done- if anything. hopefully they wont say you get what you pay for and we sell cheap stuff...

Old 02-12-2008, 05:57 PM
5 Year Member
Isn't that bulb location for the reverse lights? I haven't noticed any brightness difference in that bulb location on my set of N1 tails though.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:03 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
i thought the blinkers were up top too at first i tried like hell to plug it in, but its a different shape so the blinker only goes in in the bottom or at least on the ones i got

Old 02-12-2008, 06:05 PM
5 Year Member
Yea, mine don't plug in properly either, the bulb sockets don't fit so I just had to ghetto tape it up with electrical tape. *shrugs*. We got what we paid for. lol. Not that I'm complaining though, I like them, despite the minor problems.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
the blinker go on top and the reserve go on the bottom even w/ the oem you have to use the old reserve housing for the new led tail lgiht b/c of different plug and both of them you have to play w/ reserve to get in....

Old 02-12-2008, 06:38 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
No. They didn't fit BC its not the right hole. Haha I bet if your switch them and look at the shapes of the plugs you will see lol
Either way its 2008. That phrase should be out of use. How hard is it to make decent stuff?

Old 02-12-2008, 06:49 PM
5 Year Member
you got your blinker in the wrong spot buddy, they dont fit cuz its suppose to fit "jdm" bulbs/harness. the spot you have the blinkers at are for the reverse lights. blinkers go on top

Old 02-12-2008, 06:52 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
Well they fit in perfectly the way I have them. Also that would mean that the rev lights would be pink on one side and red on the other? Idk.

Old 02-12-2008, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
The reverse lights would light up the regular yellowish white...

Old 02-12-2008, 07:01 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
There is no way rev lights are supposed to be yellow. and if they were a white bulb behind a red lens would make red reverse lights. Not legal. It doesn't make sense to have the rev down there due to the lenses on my asemmblies

Old 02-12-2008, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
By yellowish white I meant the same colour emitted from the stock clear bulb. The colour emitted with the reverse lights will not be red.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
wait a min wat r u guy talking about the reserve come out normal white...i have installed both n1 and oem a lot before and they look white too me.... the only different between the two are the brightness of the brake light between the n1 and oem....

Old 02-12-2008, 07:20 PM
5 Year Member
okay there is some confusion here.. lemme break it down:

Like the OEM and the real JDM taillights, the backup and the turn signal housings do NOT fit our usdm bulb holders. You must order the JDM bulb holders in order for all the tabs to fit correctly. I have used my USDM bulb holders on my N1 concepts taillights and the turn signal portion fit in perfectly but the backup bulb tabs, i could only get 2 of them in, but they held in nice n snug so i never worried. I also had the JDM ALL CLEAR taillights installed on my car and they also fit EXACTLY the same as the N1 concepts taillights. You must order the JDM bulb sockets for them to line up properly, but those are expensive and not worth it if one tab doesn't line up. The main goal is to keep the bulb snug in its hole.

You DO have the turn signal and the backup locations REVERSED. The top portion is supposed to be the turn signal and the bottom triangle is supposed to be the reverse light. Many people confuse this, but some just don't care where they go.

In regards to the backup reverse portion being tinted pink, it's only there to blend the taillight together, however the pink hue does not effect the color of the light output. Take for instance the VW jetta taillight:

See how there is a pink section with read lines going across it? this is the turn signal portion. From a glance, the taillight looks as if it's one solid piece of red taillight, however when you hit the turn signal, it lights up amber and pure amber. the pink with read lines is there for cosmetics only.

In regards to the fit taillights, the backup portion is tinted pink to blend it in better, but it does not affect the true color of the color of the bulb, which in this case should be WHITE because it is a backup light.

As for the taillight being dimmer and being a different shade for the backup portion, they are supposed 2 be exactly the same. What i recommend u doing is contacting N1 Concepts and explaining them. You are not the first person to get a bad set, but it happens. Fortunately, N1 backs-up their stuff and they will fix that for ya.

Last edited by koolkevin1107; 02-12-2008 at 07:32 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:05 PM
the bottom ones are for the reverse lights...the biggest problem for n1 is that they have huge gaps when fitted. the leds are slightly dimmer thana the oem ones..else is okay. you get what you paid for

Old 02-13-2008, 06:46 AM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
well the bulb plugs fit perfectly the "way" i have them....
its throwing me off
and only one of my lights.. (the drivers side) is pink
the passenger sides bottom section is completly red...
i will have a red reverse light! im gonna hvea to see.. but do you see what i am talking about/. do you guys have the same all red on the bottom?

Quick Reply: whats the deal w/n1's (pics)