Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

anyone tint there headlights

Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 PM
I bought the Lamin-x tint and went the darkest color(charcoal)on my fog's and to my surprise it really didn't affect my light output much.You can get alot of different film color's(there easy to install)and they protect against the small rock pretty good,especially around were I live is alot of road work that's being going on for over 10 YEAR'S with no sign of being done anytime soon!Just DON'T buy the pre-cut film for headlight's,it was cut wrong,and ended up costing me about 70/80 dollar's. Good Luck.

Old 02-14-2008, 12:11 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Sid thats exactly how i wanna do mine! i love it! can you get that for the headlights too?
good thread tony, i love the look of tinted headlights and was actually gonna start a thread of my own to get some opinions or options.
googling nite shades right now, where did you get yours from sid?

Old 02-14-2008, 05:11 PM
My Lips Bigger!
5 Year Member
hey i hate to be an donkey...
but i just realized that its there, not their, like its supposed to be their there where you put there..hahah
[ title ]

Old 02-16-2008, 08:34 PM
no problem RexxXX..i got an empty credit card agian ...soooo this means new parts just for the FIT..hahaha

Old 02-18-2009, 03:09 AM
5 Year Member
well guys i spray painted my headlights(lense only) and i guess you can say its tinted in sum ways Name:  car6.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  145.4 KB
as..you can see a little bit of the color shifting on the passengerside headlight...it changes colors that are the shades between blue to red deppending on what angle u look at it frum...sum times i get a red tint, blue, purple, pink, ect.......(its kinda like those expensive chameleon paint jobs but its just clear paint that shifts color depending on the angle wich light shines on the object....but it shows best on cloudy days) well i like it a lot cuz it seems to blend in with my Colorado Plates......and for people who waste their Money on those VH nightshade spray cans..... i smoked my tail lights too...for $6.....i know a brand of spraypaint can that will work really good for smoking head or tail lights.....its used for plastic model cars......its called Tamiya Smoke u can get these at any hobby stores that caries Tamiya Spray paint for model cars
Name:  car1.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  89.9 KB

Old 03-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Another way

If you want a FUNCTIONAL shading to the headlight, lookup a product called Veil. Veil is a laser absorption/dispersion product that is used by radar detector enthusiasts. Police, when using Laser Speed Detecting Guns, are trained to aim for your headlights as they are, by virtue, reflective and often give instant readings from up to 3000 feet. Veil is a magnificent little tool that depletes the reflectivity of your headlights for IR light. It just so happens that the fluid that you "paint" on is a grayish color. If you apply multiple layers, you'll get darker and darker. I encourage anyone interested to go to Radar Detector Jammer Forum and check out the Veil forums for application methods.

rc

Old 03-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Ok I know that we were talking about tinting but has anyone in California had problems with their rear tint with the legality of them. Plus I want to know your opinion on tinting the front headlamps the optic blue color from Lamin-x? I know it is a cheap alt to HID color but it is for my girl and all she wants is the blueish color.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:48 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by billmus86 View Post
hey i hate to be an donkey...
but i just realized that its there, not their, like its supposed to be their there where you put there..hahah
[ title ]

hey, I hate to be a donkey...

Old 03-22-2009, 01:25 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by 559fitman View Post
Ok I know that we were talking about tinting but has anyone in California had problems with their rear tint with the legality of them. Plus I want to know your opinion on tinting the front headlamps the optic blue color from Lamin-x? I know it is a cheap alt to HID color but it is for my girl and all she wants is the blueish color.
I was curious on this as well. I have seen tons of cars with the yellow or smoke, but none that had the clear/blue. It wouldn't take much light out, its pretty clear like the yellow ones. The tint ones basically make your headlights useless.

I also have used the model car tint color and some clear candy red and clearcoat on numerous taillights, and it always comes out clear and shiny. Never had to redo a set. It's the best way to go, and its cheaper.

I wanna try the hyperwhite blue on my headlights with some eyebrows, and the yellow on the fogs. I think that would look nice, and save major damage to the lenses. Plus, if it deteriorates over time, you can get new ones, better than buying new housings. Its basically clear bra. I have done some outlined range rover sport headlights too, looked sick.

Old 03-22-2009, 01:53 AM
I might do one light coat of Night Shades spray I'm gonna use for my taillights

Old 01-04-2010, 12:48 PM
I might try the yellow tint on my White 09 Sport.

What do you think about this color for headlamps? The Optic Blue is also high on my wish list.

Last edited by SEAKAYAKER; 01-04-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Here is the Optic Blue (with a white car)

I don't think there are too many companies making headlight film for the 09 Fit yet. I did find one, and they had to have a cut out for the raised area of the headlamp in order to make the film work. I am not going to be able to apply headlamp film until April or May because right now the temp is WELL BELOW freezing.

Last edited by SEAKAYAKER; 01-04-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:04 PM
I had yellow Lamin-X on my last car (07' Mini Cooper S) with HIDs and it didn't cast as much yellow on the road as you might think it would've, plus I went by a million cops w/o a problem. I also had Nokya yellow fogbulbs too and those were VERY yellow, especially compared to my healights, again, this is why I was never concerned about the cops.

I too would like to know about a light smoke Lamin-X film for my 10' FIT sport, but will it go over that little bubble up in the corner without an issues...anyone

Old 07-25-2010, 06:17 PM
5 Year Member
I have a black 2010 Fit. I just ordered some black vinyl to be cut to edge out the reflector. I also have some "light smoke" vinyl comming this week. I'm not sure I'm going to use either or both but if they turn out I'll send a pic.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:38 PM
I'd love to see light smoke film from Lamin-X on the Fit. I checked their site but since they don't make a pre-cut for the Fit, you'd have to buy a sheet I guess. I bet its a little bit of work to get it right over the bubble for the parking light

Old 08-01-2010, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
R vinyl makes a precut sheet for the Fit with a little cutout and seperate overlay for the bubble parking light. DON'T GET IT!! I bought a light smoke which is supposed to allow 87% light output. I couldn't see a damn thing and my white/blue light looked like 3,000k color temp. Also it just made the headlight look kindof grey/green and dirty. Sorry no pic...didn't keep them.