Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Headlight Problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:01 PM
5 Year Member
Question Headlight Problem

I brought a 6000k HID KIT and tried to install it last night, I ran into a few problems at first with the light, First after i installed everything, then when it came to testing it to see if it works, the low beam didn't turn on but the High Beam worked when i turn on high beam, So i double checked all the wiring making sure everything was connected and everything was connected, then i tried reversing the positive and the negative wire by simply pull the prongs out from the wire connector and switch them, then i tried turning on the lights again and the low beam worked now but not the high beam! its was getting last so i had to close everything up and fix it another time, Now the problem is my low beam works but not the High Beam and when i turn on the Lights(low beam) inside the car on the dash light the blue High Beam Signal light is on, i have no idea why that light is on when low beam is on. Can anyone help me with this problem?> i've had so much problems with the last few hid kit ive had and on this kit one of the light bulb is missing the reflector sheld so right now one of the light is shooting up lighter than the other one. grr so i need to get the bulb replaced

Old 04-22-2008, 06:06 PM
5 Year Member
yes you bought the lows only.

when your high beam lights are on it will shut off.

unlike an integra we only have 1 bulb that flickers. the integra which is an example has 2 bulbs. there for they can utilize the high beam.

you really dont need the high beam...unless you wanna piss someone off. im pretty sure you dont have a projectors so it will beam everywhere.

and uh. you dont really need the reflecter shield because your headlights already have that little blocking piece. so if it really is bugging you take it off, or just adjust the beam on your headlights.(you use a philips head and turn clockwise for up and counter clock wise for down).

Old 04-22-2008, 06:07 PM
5 Year Member
hi/lows are like 250.

lows are like 105

trust me, i thought i was tripping out, but i came to learn that i only bought the lows.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:15 PM
5 Year Member
You got lowbeam HID's like mine There are only 2 prongs correct? One is positive for low beams and other is negative. Bi-xenon or Hi/Lo HID are labeled. If its not labeled, most likely its the low beam. H4 has 3 prong sockets(Low Beam, High Beam, Negative). And if it is glaring right now, you just need to adjust the headlights.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:06 AM
5 Year Member
i'm sure you r got the Hi/Lo HID kits. and i just read what you say here. i got more clean what you told me last night. and i'm thinkin it might be just your wiring is not correct. so you got the Hi and Lo beam mix. but i still will get you another one just in case. and i will try to try it first to see if it got the same problem as you. becoz all the Kit my friend give me and my friends doesn't have this problem be4. so don't worry.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:20 PM
5 Year Member
What he has is Hid low and Halogen high...trust me, I deal with these kit before.....and no he dose not need to buy another kit. this is a direct plug to the oem connector. most likely when you got this kit you need to plug all the cable and connector/ plug so check the cable w/ the two pongs that run into ballast and switch them (they should be red and black) and then check the plug on the that go to the oem connector and depending on how made the kit the color of the cable may be different, but make sure the black are the side left and right and red is on top and try that out if that doesn't work try switch the black from left to right-right to left and if that doesn't work then switch the cable on the ballast around try that out.... also you have been pm's