Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Headlamps

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 01:45 PM
ryan
Headlamps

What does the market have to offer in the way of upgraded headlamps for the Honda Jazz/Fit?

Does anyone have any suggestions of cool lighting tuning parts and where you might find them? What are people's experiences with different parts?

Old 08-01-2005, 03:36 PM
what really do you mean by upgrade headlamps?

the headlight housing?

the bulb?

as far for bulb change.....i really dislike the way fit's engine bay is cramply designed.....it's very hard to access most parts...even to change bulb....

the mechanic on my local (indonesia) dealer is very well experienced.....he can glide his hand from the wheel wells and change the bulb just by guessing where it is....i guess that's called experience....LOL

Old 08-01-2005, 04:52 PM
ryan
I'm asking about both headlamp housing conversion kits, and add-on headlamps used for foglamps or just extra lighting. Basically everything lighting. What are the options out there. What works? what doesn't? What looks cool; what doesn't?

Old 08-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Your best upgrade would be a HID kit conversion. There are tons to choose from. If you really want to change the entire housing, I'd recommend you to wait till the end of September, when Mugen releases their Fit: Dynamite lights for the general market.

Old 08-02-2005, 04:55 AM
Headlamp Upgrades

Well, now that I experienced such a nice invitation by you guys, I decided to sign up as well. I just hope that people won't throw eggs at me if I confess that my car actually is born, bred and built in Bavaria, which (strictly speaking in the usual clichee) doesn't belong to Germany. Anyway, that's details. So, my "gentlemen's accelerator" is a black BMW 318i, even though I began to think of this purchase as a mistake shortly after. should've taken a bigger engine and either the Coupe or the Station Wagon.

Getting to the point........

Firstly, I wasn't aware that Mugen will actually be releasing the Dynamite. I thought that this was merely a design experiment and solely would remain a show car.

Anyway, as you may guess from my employer, I do not think very highly of HID conversion kits. Even though we did them once, we know that there are pretty good reasons why they aren't legal in ECE countries. ;-)

Upgrade headlamps are usually pretty expensive, so I'm not aware whether there are any on the market yet, but it would be interesting for me to know of anything that's being offered in the market.

www.coosy.net

Old 08-02-2005, 06:15 AM
Firstly, I wasn't aware that Mugen will actually be releasing the Dynamite.
You're right, they wont. But they will expand the Fit product range to include more parts - amongst those some used on the Dynamite.

Do you work for Hella?

Old 08-03-2005, 08:20 PM
im using hid's...there are pros and cons...but i like thinkin bout the pros more

Old 08-04-2005, 03:06 AM
I'm hoping for Honda America to make HID as an upgrade option for the FIT/Jazz. I can't see why HID can't be standard equipment like the Toyota Prius, another competitor to the FIT/Jazz but at a premium due to the hybrid engine.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:07 AM
hid

hid bulbs is a good investment

Old 08-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Strepto: to answer you question: yes... ;-)

Well, HID's are pretty neat, but it's been perverted a bit by all the fake sets and cheap upgrade kits in the market. You really have to watch out for what kind of stuff you're buying.

Old 08-04-2005, 11:28 AM
mav
HID's are the greatest invention for the automobile, next to the wheel.

There are a lot of BS HID crap products out there but there are some good quality ones as well.

Old 08-05-2005, 12:17 AM
hid

i agree, choose d ryt product, invest on those with branded names.

Old 08-12-2005, 02:55 AM
Originally Posted by hondafit
im using hid's...there are pros and cons...but i like thinkin bout the pros more
can you post some night shot pix of your headlights, at both low and high beam (road shot and the car shot). which brand and how much? how was the installation? can u post pix as well of the where the ballasts & igniter installed?

thanks.