Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Where to get a 13P connector and 9 pins ?

Old 08-11-2009, 04:58 PM
5 Year Member
Where to get a 13P connector and 9 pins ?

Hello all,
This isn't a lighting issue but you guys are into electrics so here goes:
I need a source for a Honda Fit 13P connector and 9 pins. I am adding electric mirrors to my base model Fit and need to be able to plug into the Honda mirror switch which I obtained from a scrap yard. They will not sell me the harness side connector unless I buy the entire harness at a unacceptable price. So far the local Honda counter guy has not been able to get just the connector and pins as they are not in the Fit parts manual.
I have looked all over the internet and have not been able to find raw parts to make up stuff. Only pre-assembled harnesses of various sorts are available.
Cheers

Old 08-12-2009, 10:19 PM
5 Year Member
Update:

The local Honda counter man looked in his box of spare electrical bits today and low and behold : pins, lots of them, of different sizes, male ,and female. No plastic housings though. Tomorrow I will check the pin size. He is waiting for a reply from Honda Canada concerning the availability of housings. Things may improve next week when the regular parts guy gets back from vacation.

There is a 13P connector, not plugged into anything, taped to the harness under the left side of the dash near the driver's door. It has one red wire, to the main harness, which is powered up when the ignition is turned on. It gets its power through fuse number 22. The local guys don't know what it is for. It is not a diagnostic plug point. As it is of the same size as the plug to the mirror switch, I may just cut the red wire, buy some pins and wire up the switch.