Honda Fit Dealer Representatives Interact with local Honda dealer representatives for news, availability and purchase information.

Availability of wiring bits

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 10:37 PM
5 Year Member
Availability of wiring bits

Hello dealers,
I am in the process of adding electric mirrors to my 2007, base model, Fit.
I obtained the mirrors and the switch from wreckers, but they would not sell me the harness side connectors if I did not want to pay for a complete harness. The local dealer does not think he can get the required bits without ordering the harness as the bits are not in his parts listing, just the harnesses. My first question is simple: can the 3P connectors in the doors, the 13P connector (to the switch under the left dash) and the 15 pins required be obtained from Honda? If yes I would be grateful to whoever could forward me the needed parts numbers. I am in Canada. My second question is this: if these parts are available in the US, but not in Canada is there someone out there willing to supply them to me?
Cheers
Rod

Old 08-12-2009, 10:20 PM
5 Year Member
Update:

The local Honda counter man looked in his box of spare electrical bits today and low and behold : pins, lots of them, of different sizes, male ,and female. No plastic housings though. Tomorrow I will check the pin size. He is waiting for a reply from Honda Canada concerning the availability of housings. Things may improve next week when the regular parts guy gets back from vacation.

There is a 13P connector, not plugged into anything, taped to the harness under the left side of the dash near the driver's door. It has one red wire, to the main harness, which is powered up when the ignition is turned on. It gets its power through fuse number 22. The local guys don't know what it is for. It is not a diagnostic plug point. As it is of the same size as the plug to the mirror switch, I may just cut the red wire, buy some pins and wire up the switch.