Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Parking Light removal Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member
Parking Light removal Help!!

I saw the DIY on the Parking Light Replacement, but my US 07 Fit has different socket. Can you remove it from the top? If so how do you do it. Space is tight and I couldn't see any clip or things like that.

Problem with my parking light is that it won't come on time to time. While activating it I have to hit down on the light to make it come on. So I'm thinking maybe the connections got dirty or something. It doesn't come on when I jiggle the connection either. I have to give it a good bump on top of it. Maybe the bulb is loose.

I thought I ask before removing the wheel cover and go in from the bottom.

Thanks.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
if its the left bulb turn the steering wheel to the right and peel back the black plastic above the wheel do it while the hood is open for for light to see if its the right do turn the wheel to the left

Old 06-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by viperjh16
if its the left bulb turn the steering wheel to the right and peel back the black plastic above the wheel do it while the hood is open for for light to see if its the right do turn the wheel to the left
Can this be done without removing any body clips??

Need to change one on a car not close to home, just want to be prepared.

Thanks.

Last edited by WillB; 06-11-2013 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:43 AM
5 Year Member
Will, I thought I had the same problem as you. Is it your driver's side bulb? When I bought my 2007 a few months ago, when I first hit the lock button on the key fob, I swear that bulb did not light up. For some reason ever since, the bulb has worked just fine, so I'm thinking I was not crazy afterall.
I've seen all the how to's on this board, regarding peeling back the wheel liner to access the bulbs. I see only two bolts holding on the headlights. Although I'm too chicken to try, I don't see why these two bolts can't be removed, allowing the entire headlight to slip out for us to access all the sockets behind. Do the headlights remove easily? I'm guessing not since someone on this board would have suggested it. It just seems a bit implausible that a mechanic would be peeling the tire liner away to replace one of my bulbs.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:45 AM
It is a passengers front parking light. The car is 100kms away (63 miles) away . May see it on the weekend.

Will let you guys know.

Just want to make sure i have everythung needed to get this done.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:01 PM
There was enough room by just cranking the wheel till lock.

Thank you!!

Old 06-12-2013, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BurntZ
Will, I thought I had the same problem as you. Is it your driver's side bulb? When I bought my 2007 a few months ago, when I first hit the lock button on the key fob, I swear that bulb did not light up. For some reason ever since, the bulb has worked just fine, so I'm thinking I was not crazy afterall.
I've seen all the how to's on this board, regarding peeling back the wheel liner to access the bulbs. I see only two bolts holding on the headlights. Although I'm too chicken to try, I don't see why these two bolts can't be removed, allowing the entire headlight to slip out for us to access all the sockets behind. Do the headlights remove easily? I'm guessing not since someone on this board would have suggested it. It just seems a bit implausible that a mechanic would be peeling the tire liner away to replace one of my bulbs.
There's also 2 bolts under the headlight hidden behind the bumper. No need to go this route. Easiest way is described above, turn the wheel, unclip fenderliner and bulbs are easily reached.

Normal manuals require to take off the bumper and remove headlight etc. That's just a waste of time.