Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Damaged headlight - Projectors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 12:49 AM
5 Year Member
Damaged headlight - Projectors?

Ok well I purchased a set of headlights from "the gene" from this thread

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/sale...-part-out.html

I got the headlights after I crashed my car so I didn't try to install them until now. The left headlight looks like someone tried to pry it apart on the side. It's not to bad but its raised on the car and looks like crap.

I was wondering if I had them baked and made into projectors would they be reparable as well?

Heres a crappy cell phone pic:

Name:  0213001134a.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  19.6 KB

Also I partly understand the retro fitting and I know I want the e46-r shrouds and 4300k but what else would i choose im just not sure. Will this be an expensive job to get some one to do?

It sucks that this guy sold me headlights i cant use he wont even give me money back so i can buy a different headlight.

Why doesnt anyone make projectors for the usdm fit!

Old 02-17-2010, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
i cant see much from the picture but you can prolly just bake it and paste it back together. i wouldnt recommend E46 hids, the ballasts CAN BE a little unreliable

Old 02-19-2010, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
He can use the projectors and get an aftermarket ballasts.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:46 PM
There are no projectors in those headlights. They're clearly set up for halogens.

Did he give you the wiring harness and the ballasts? HID's require these. If he didn't include these, it seems that these lights are simply some kind of reworked halogens. There definitely are not any kind of "projectors" in those housings. Projectors are also required for HIDs to work properly.

Unfortunately, your best bet is to start over. Any more money spent on these will probably be lost.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by M3driver
There are no projectors in those headlights. They're clearly set up for halogens.

Did he give you the wiring harness and the ballasts? HID's require these. If he didn't include these, it seems that these lights are simply some kind of reworked halogens. There definitely are not any kind of "projectors" in those housings. Projectors are also required for HIDs to work properly.

Unfortunately, your best bet is to start over. Any more money spent on these will probably be lost.
the op was asking if they could just do a retrofit since they will need to open it anyways, so maybe they could fix whatever was wrong with them

so a picture was posted to show the damage spot

Old 04-14-2010, 10:25 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by feared
the op was asking if they could just do a retrofit since they will need to open it anyways, so maybe they could fix whatever was wrong with them

so a picture was posted to show the damage spot

Your correct.

I have traded these housings to another member on these forums for his projectors and cash on top. He's keeping them as a back up in case he wants to go back to stock. I shipped them to him last week.