Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

xentec hid kit on my ge8

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2010, 08:15 AM
xentec hid kit on my ge8

ok i just recieved it yesterday. i want to put it on myself but a little confused. do i have to take off the front bumper in order to do this ? if there is a thread for DIY HID GE8 then can you please send =]

Old 05-09-2010, 06:37 PM
5 Year Member
No, you don't have to remove front bumper. It is PnP. Just remove 9003/HB3 bulbs but you need to trim rubber seals behing the bulbs to make them fit with HID base. If it is Bi-Xenon kit, connect the controller to one side of the OEM harness (driver side) and connect power source from the battery. Please keep in mind that DRL on the dash will come on side the Bi-Xenon kit connect to one side of the harness.

Old 05-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by FITMugen
No, you don't have to remove front bumper. It is PnP. Just remove 9003/HB3 bulbs but you need to trim rubber seals behing the bulbs to make them fit with HID base. If it is Bi-Xenon kit, connect the controller to one side of the OEM harness (driver side) and connect power source from the battery. Please keep in mind that DRL on the dash will come on side the Bi-Xenon kit connect to one side of the harness.
HB3 ? did i get the wrong one then ? i got H4 bulbs ? and what does it mean when they say High/Low bulbs ?

Old 05-09-2010, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by get_FIT
HB3 ? did i get the wrong one then ? i got H4 bulbs ? and what does it mean when they say High/Low bulbs ?
Sorry, it is a typo, 9003/HB2, not HB3.

9003/HB2 = H4

There are 3 types of HID. Low beam only HID, low beam HID and halogen high beam, and Bi-Xenon HID (both low and high beams are HID).

You have to look at your bulbs to tell that it is BiXenon or not.

Old 05-10-2010, 12:59 AM
Originally Posted by FITMugen
Sorry, it is a typo, 9003/HB2, not HB3.

9003/HB2 = H4

There are 3 types of HID. Low beam only HID, low beam HID and halogen high beam, and Bi-Xenon HID (both low and high beams are HID).

You have to look at your bulbs to tell that it is BiXenon or not.
cause i get the xentec HID but in order for me to turn it on i have to go high beam ? and then my fogs dont turn on =[, how do i fix this ?

Old 05-10-2010, 04:13 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by get_FIT
cause i get the xentec HID but in order for me to turn it on i have to go high beam ? and then my fogs dont turn on =[, how do i fix this ?
I'm assuming this:

You say your headlights only work when you have your high beams on? With the dashboard indicating high beam is on, that's the only time your headlights are on?

OK HB2 and H4/9003 have different pinouts. For halogens, it doesn't make a difference, however, for HID's it does. You have to switch one of the pins. I'm assuming you have the low beam kit only. You should have only two pins. Find the black pin, and remove the pin and move it to the other blank spot. That should do the trick.
If it doesn't, put it back and move the red one to the other side.

If you still can't figure it out, i'd recommend taking your car to a local fitfreak that does know how to install HID's, or a mechanic shop that knows what they are doing.

Xentec kits are nice, i'm running them in my retrofit, but next time go with hidextra.com

Old 05-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
I'm assuming this:

You say your headlights only work when you have your high beams on? With the dashboard indicating high beam is on, that's the only time your headlights are on?

OK HB2 and H4/9003 have different pinouts. For halogens, it doesn't make a difference, however, for HID's it does. You have to switch one of the pins. I'm assuming you have the low beam kit only. You should have only two pins. Find the black pin, and remove the pin and move it to the other blank spot. That should do the trick.
If it doesn't, put it back and move the red one to the other side.

If you still can't figure it out, i'd recommend taking your car to a local fitfreak that does know how to install HID's, or a mechanic shop that knows what they are doing.

Xentec kits are nice, i'm running them in my retrofit, but next time go with hidextra.com
you think its because i got single beam HID kit ?, not a high/low ? and yes when i turn on my headlights nothing comes on, but when i turn on my HIDS it turns on but turns off my fogs. whats the difference between high/low and single beam ? i heard its because i was suppose to buy high/low bulb, not single beam.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:50 PM
5 Year Member
If you have Bi-Xenon kit and don't circuit diagram, you can look at mine at URL below. I have Bi-Xenon head lights as well as HID fog lights.

DIY 2009 USDM HONDA FIT SPORT - MUGEN

Old 05-14-2010, 11:14 PM
i just installed them with out the seals today.. i am going to trip the seals tomorrow and reinstall is back. IDK what i am going to do when it comes to hiding the wires. Its so much junk!

PS. Does anyone have pics of how people hide the wires and where they put what aroudn the engine bay? i dont have a clue how to hide anything

Last edited by NoMoreM3; 05-14-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:29 PM
5 Year Member
i install my h4 hi/lo and it just turn on once i turn my ignition w/o my turning my headlight switch...dont think i did anything wrong...help??
thanks

Old 06-20-2010, 06:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gohdunlam
i install my h4 hi/lo and it just turn on once i turn my ignition w/o my turning my headlight switch...dont think i did anything wrong...help??
thanks
Daytime running lights?

Old 06-20-2010, 06:39 PM
I have bi-xenons in my headlights and std hid in my fog lights. All I did was put the bulbs in, add power to the harness. I also pulled the DRL fuse from the fuse panel. Have both low and high beams. But as is standard my fog lights go out when the high beam is switched on. Have had no issues at all. I also have a xenec kit.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:07 PM
im returnin my kit from xentec.... and 7 bulbs total.

okay , this is what was happenin... .. i installed my Hi/low kit ( bi-xenon ) ... everything was perfect .... but after 2 weeks, 1 of the bulbs .. burns, suddunly stops working - so i called them , and they sent me 1 replacement - everything perfect n again ... another 2 weeks .. n the other bulb blows... .. so again.. they sent me another replacement...

So i dont know wtf is wrong.. i got new covers.. ( for the headlights) ..

They sent me another pair... which makes5 bulbs total,,,

Old 11-04-2010, 07:59 PM
DDM is THE kit to buy, period! I paid $53.00 for mine and have no problems in over 5 monthes! I went with the 6k kit, but if you went with the 4300k kit, you'd be happy too I bet.

I have 3 buddy's that have this kit, no problems....EVER!

Old 11-04-2010, 09:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MaxSoul
im returnin my kit from xentec.... and 7 bulbs total.

okay , this is what was happenin... .. i installed my Hi/low kit ( bi-xenon ) ... everything was perfect .... but after 2 weeks, 1 of the bulbs .. burns, suddunly stops working - so i called them , and they sent me 1 replacement - everything perfect n again ... another 2 weeks .. n the other bulb blows... .. so again.. they sent me another replacement...

So i dont know wtf is wrong.. i got new covers.. ( for the headlights) ..

They sent me another pair... which makes5 bulbs total,,,
Some things are better than others... I've used three kits on the Pathfinder, and at least on thing on all three kits went bad, two ballasts, three bulbs. Before I bought the Fit (and reverted the Pathfinder's lights to stock), I had the wiring and a bulb from 3rd kit, with the other bulb being from the second kit and the ballasts from the first kit. Out of all the leftover parts, the wiring and one bulb from the first kit are the only things that work. Everything else not mentioned is iffy.

BTW, I had two "JLM" kits and a Xentec, I disliked the Xentec the most. It had the WORST output cutoff, I could see it blinding others until I aimed it further down (but that meant most of the light was hitting the ground too close to me).