Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

HID Bulb Cracked in Housing

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 01:21 AM
HID Bulb Cracked in Housing

So I have been running an HID kit for about 3 years now and I have had no problems... until a few days ago. One of the bulbs either cracked or exploded in the housing and now there are glass shards in the housing.

What do you think the cause is???
Should I get new bulbs or a whole new HID setup???

I am assuming they are just old and need to be replaced but it was just a strange occurrence.

Thanks

Old 06-10-2010, 01:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by samwell
So I have been running an HID kit for about 3 years now and I have had no problems... until a few days ago. One of the bulbs either cracked or exploded in the housing and now there are glass shards in the housing.

What do you think the cause is???
Should I get new bulbs or a whole new HID setup???

I am assuming they are just old and need to be replaced but it was just a strange occurrence.

Thanks
Sam,

Depending on your HID kit but a lot generic kit these days use very similar set up and a good chance that you can just buy there bulb. If you have a picture of the bulb and the wire (meaning you have to pull it out) post it here. Perhaps I can recommend a place where you can purchase the bulb alone.

As for all the broken shards, you can try your best to remove your headlight and try to shake it out. If you still have pieces you can't then you might have to open up your headlights.

LMK if you have any questions.

~Robert