Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Day-time Running Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Anybody able to get the DRL's going yet?

Old 05-20-2006, 11:52 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
i gave up after finding out that you needed a moduel and stuff..

Old 05-20-2006, 02:00 PM
If anybody does this, please list the module part # and price, as well any other items needed to make it work. Thanks!

Old 05-24-2006, 12:47 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
i am going to check this out

Old 05-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Yes!

Very interested in DRLs. If anyone figures out how, I'd LOVE to know.

Thanks!

Old 06-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Just curious if someone has figured this out yet?

Old 06-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
nope, not I said me!

Old 06-07-2006, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
Day-time Running Lights?

Are they on the US Fit like those sold in Canada?

Man this area sux. I work in S-E Michigan, and drive 80+ miles a day. I am yet to see a single Fit with Michigan plates. I saw one a month ago and it was Cali plates, didn't think of looking at the DRL as I was in awe at that Storm Silver beauty.

Anyway, in the US, does it have DRL or not? I know the Civic now has DRL for both markets, maybe the Fit does too?

Old 06-07-2006, 10:13 PM
No, they don't.

Old 06-07-2006, 11:34 PM
Master FitFreaker
no different.......... we dont have running day time light

Old 06-07-2006, 11:36 PM
No, and its one of my top complaints about the Fit. Its bad because the interior dash lights run all the time, so its easy to forget that your outside lights arent running in low light/fog conditions.

On my old car, the dash lights didnt come on unless you had the headlights on, so it was easier to remember to turn them on.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:16 AM
5 Year Member
I know that trick! I drove a rental from Phoenix to Tempe one evening with only the running lights - the dash lights were on so I though I was OK (there was enough ambient light I could see all the signs and lane markers...)

Old 06-08-2006, 12:38 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by azanon
No, and its one of my top complaints about the Fit. Its bad because the interior dash lights run all the time, so its easy to forget that your outside lights arent running in low light/fog conditions.

On my old car, the dash lights didnt come on unless you had the headlights on, so it was easier to remember to turn them on.
I agree! How can you get day time running lights?

Old 06-08-2006, 04:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by big Fit
I agree! How can you get day time running lights?
if you are good with wiring, you can probably go to your local Honda dealership and purchase a DRL Harness from the S2000. It should have no problems fitting.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm glad it doesn't have daytime headlights. IMO, they take away from the look of the car. Whenever I see a car with daytime lights, that's all I notice. Daytime lights are good I guess if the front of the car is ugly. I hate that GM started the trend of using daytime headlights. At least they only turn on the smaller yellow lights on the Corvette.

Daytime lights should at least be configurable for those who don't like them.

If you want your headlights on all of the time, just always turn them on when you get in the car.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
I don't like daytime lights. It creates glare for other drivers. We get fog, I frequently drive before dawn and at dusk, and I know when to turn on the headlights!

Old 06-09-2006, 03:17 PM
I just turn on the parking lights when I drive during the day. Although the parking lights at the front are kind of weak for bright days. But then again, during bright days the Vivid Blue Pearl really stands out and the lights are just add-ons.

Old 06-09-2006, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kdepew
I'm glad it doesn't have daytime headlights. IMO, they take away from the look of the car. Whenever I see a car with daytime lights, that's all I notice. Daytime lights are good I guess if the front of the car is ugly. I hate that GM started the trend of using daytime headlights. At least they only turn on the smaller yellow lights on the Corvette.

Daytime lights should at least be configurable for those who don't like them.

If you want your headlights on all of the time, just always turn them on when you get in the car.
My understanding of cars that have day time lights is that they can be turned off if you wish. Suberu is an example. I sold a suberu to have a Fit. Pun intendid. The added safety of oncomers seeing durring the day or durring bright sunlight is worth it to me. I dont have to think about it. Just get in and drive.

Last edited by big Fit; 06-10-2006 at 01:13 AM.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:31 PM
5 Year Member
Daytime running lights are not required in the United States. Honda is installing them on their new model Civics. The Fit is not really a new model car it has been available in Europe and Japan for a couple of years. If you look on the internet, you will may be able to find a company that offers a daytime running light kit. However, by installing the kit you may void your factory warrantee.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:13 AM
Retired Moderator
DRL (Daytime Running Lights) Anyone?

Well, for all of you Canadians who want to get rid of your DRLs, I found a solution. I'm going to get my Helios HID's installed tomorrow, and didn't want the DRL's to take away from the life of the HID's. A little investigation and I found out you can turn them off simply by removing the fuse in the fusebox in the car just above the hood release lever. It is labelled as "daytime" on the fuse diagram. Simply remove it and your DRL's are off.

Conversely, for any Americans interested in getting DRL's, check the fuse panel and look for that position labelled "daytime" and see if there is a fuse in there. I'm not sure how Honda is doing this, but this seems like the simplest way to turn them on and off for both markets. If there isn't a fuse in there, put one in and see if it works.

Quick Reply: Day-time Running Lights?