Fit Interior & Exterior Illumination Threads discussing interior and exterior lighting modifications for the Fit/Jazz

Day-time Running Lights?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Did anyone actually activate a USDM Fit's DRLs?

Old 06-15-2007, 09:12 PM
Wondered the same thing. The closest I have seen since my original post is the how-to posting on how to wire the fog lights to always be on with the ignition -- this could be a bit of a stand-in for DRLs.

Old 06-15-2007, 09:14 PM
I've got the standard Helms manual en route, so I'll dig around in that once I have it and Fit in hand. I don't really want to buy the Electrical Supp, but I might have to.

Old 06-18-2007, 07:40 PM
I've got the Helms manual, but am still waiting on my Fit. Pages 22-10 and 22-18 show that the DRLs require a DRL Control Unit, DRL Relay, and Low Beam Cut Relay, all of which are located under the left side of the dash. There's a DRL Indicator light shown for CDN dashes (might be dormant on USDM). Pg. 22-49 identifies Fuse Number 18 / Under-dash Fuse/Relay Box as a 10A fuse for the DRL Control Unit on CDN models.

Page 22-92 shows the DRL CU Imput Test, and identifies Connector 14P as plugging into the underside of the bracket-mounted DRL CU. Connector 14P is aptly named, as it is a 14 pin female connector, of which 12 pins are populated. The DRL and Low Beam Cut Relays appear to connect directly to the DRL CU.

If you own a USDM Fit and want to use OEM parts to enable DRLs, you will need to find Connector 14P under the left side of the dash, to the right of the steering column (I think). From the Helms diagrams, it appears you'll need a DRL Control Unit, DRL Relay, Low Beam Cut Relay, DRL CU mounting bracket, and a 10A fuse.

I'll post what I find when my Fit arrives in a few weeks, and I emailed College Hills Honda for availability and pricing on the parts.

UPDATE:
College Hills says they aren't allowed to order non-U.S. parts. Since they sell parts from overseas, I don't quite understand the problem, but they won't be bundling a DRL Kit in the future. I'll take a look for that connector when I get my Fit next week.

Last edited by toasty; 06-28-2007 at 01:58 AM.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Dañiel
DRL are worth it just for the safety.
this confusses me,,,why not just turn your headlights on ,,then you have 100% lights in the front,,,and reds in the back. With DRL you have NO light in the rear,,,

Old 06-18-2007, 10:01 PM
As the anti-DRL folks would quickly point out, the glare from 100% output can be annoying, you're using more fuel to drive the alternator, and you're shortening low beam bulb life (DRLs energize the high beam bulbs). Relying on manually engaging the lights ensures that they won't always be on, because the driver will likely forget to do so occasionally.

DRLs address visibility concerns with oncoming or crossing traffic, and if rearward visibility is a concern, full headlight use is the likely correct response to conditions. Someone else posted another good reason for DRLs: a possible insurance discount.

Last edited by toasty; 06-28-2007 at 01:59 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:35 PM
I just crawled under the dash of my USDM Fit; no Connector 14P to be found. With the exception of the DLC/OBD-II port, I didn't find any unpopulated connectors anywhere in the region. Unless Connector 14P is part of a sub-harness that connects elsewhere, enabling DRLs on a USDM Fit by way of Canadian Fit parts is not possible.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:24 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
Originally Posted by Illusive
Really? No Canucks in here that want to get rid of their DRLs?!?!?!

I do! I looked for the fuse labeled "daylight" but couldn't find it.

Old 08-14-2007, 08:52 PM
Fuse Number 18 / Under-dash Fuse/Relay Box as a 10A fuse for the DRL Control Unit on CDN models.

Old 09-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Does anybody know how to DEACTIVATE the Daytime Running Light (DRL) feature in a 2011 Fit? DRLs may be required in Canada but I live in the US and don't want the DRL feature at this time. I heard a rumor that you have to take back to the dealer and they hook up to the car computer and shut if off that way. Any comments would be most welcome. Thanks

Old 09-05-2011, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Five Time Honda
Does anybody know how to DEACTIVATE the Daytime Running Light (DRL) feature in a 2011 Fit? DRLs may be required in Canada but I live in the US and don't want the DRL feature at this time. I heard a rumor that you have to take back to the dealer and they hook up to the car computer and shut if off that way. Any comments would be most welcome. Thanks
1. This is a three year old thread.

2. Pull the DRL fuse in the fusebox under the steering wheel. No more DRL. No trip to dealer.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:28 AM
A friend of mine just got pulled over for driving in Vancouver without lights on in broad daylight last week. It was a slightly sunny day with good visibility and he was driving responsibly in a older model, unmodified family car (without DRLs). This is just a warning to all of you Canadians that police do watch out for DRLs.

Old 09-17-2012, 01:49 AM
5 Year Member
DRL only no LOW OR HIGH

My DRL are the only ones working. Low beam and High beam are both not working. Fuses are changed and bulbs are changed. Anyone know what the heck is causing this>? I turned on my lights and they went out. I do not get the blue high beam indicator on the display either. I dont want to go to the dealership but I have not read anyone else with this problem. PLEASE HELP ME FIT FREAK YOUR MY ONLY HOPE

Old 09-30-2012, 03:04 AM
On my 2012 FIT the fusebox diagram does not seem to match the actual fuse configuration. WTF??
I disabled the daytime driving lights (I like to be the boss/captain of my vehicle) by pulling out 7.5 fuses until I hit the right one.
It is the fifth one up in the second vertical row (first row being the closest, i.e. farthest from the engine), above 3 yellow fuses then a 10 fuse.
Yes, I do have the lights at all times.

OFF TOPIC ...now if I can learn how to dim/turn off dashboard lights when just idling with the lights off - seems no solution to this, grrr...rrrrrrrrrrrrr...rrrr